Thursday, November 13, 2008

MEN CAN DRIVE YOU CRAZY



My husband is a great guy,heart of gold.So,why is he trying to drive me crazy?

When he walks through that door in the evening,the greeting ceremony between him and the dog takes a good five minutes.You'd think he had been gone for five years.He sometimes picks the dog up,plants a kiss on its head and walks right past me with a nonchalant,"Hello honey".
Right there folks,he's put the wrong foot forward for the evening.On the kiss scale,I rank below the dog.That sets the wrong mood for dinner.His brief case and shoes get dropped in front of the door for people to trip over as they come in,hit the wall opposite and knock all their teeth out.His coat gets gets thrown on the most convenient chair.The closet is right by the front door.

The next wrong move is dropping his tie on the kitchen counter as he comes in to sniff the cooking aromas.Also,keys, wallet,and assorted junk,dropped on the counter or on the little island where I'm preparing food.

He goes to the bathroom and I know without looking,the seat will be left up and the towel will be dropped,crumpled,by the sink.The next part of his routine is to get a cold drink and a cookie,tell me what a lousy day he had and leave cookie crumbs and orange juice rings on the counter.Boy,I'm usually so horny by this time,I just want to jump his bones right there and then(sarcasm).

He wanders off to the den to read his newspaper and drop the pages all over the floor.
One of my favorites,is when he leaves the cabinet doors open in the kitchen.You have to be careful you don't bash into one, face first,or trip over a lower one,or bang your hip on an open drawer.
Before I get pissed off all over again,let me reiterate;my husband is a great guy,heart of gold.
If I complain,apparently,I'm being petty.WHAT?I should be grateful I have to pick up his dirty clothes?
I have followed everyone's suggestions,to try and improve his habits.Nothing works.I'm more annoyed with his mother.What was she thinking?

Lately,he's been nagging about spending.The economic crunch has made him nervous.I've always handled the finances.No problems.But he questions every penny.He even had the nerve to question a ten dollar receipt.TEN DOLLARS!!
I really wanted to tell him he was being petty,but I remembered,he's a great guy,heart of gold.
Then,one Saturday morning,he was using the truck.He didn't notice the camera perched on the traffic lightand he drove through a red light.HA!HA!HA!It cost him a hundred and eighty dollars.
I have the picture to prove it.It's a nice blue truck.I put the picture on the fridge.That shut him up,and for two days he hung up his coat,put his shoes away and holy of holies put the seat down. Great guy etc.etc.







3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:18:00 AM

    "CRAZY"
    Jeannie you have a jewel,a keeper,not many women can say that,the men in our lives know they bugs the hell out of us,I do think they know it and enjoy it very much,but what can we do,we haven't finish showing them the ropes,I do believe it is a losing battle....I got one...he says we will get a dog,so I know what to look for...Jeannie ,you and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got that right Jean'ne.I wouldn't trade him for a prince
    (well,maybe a prince)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:59:00 PM

    Sounds to me as if you are madly in love with this guy....sigh...

    180 bucks for driving thriugh a red light? Ouch, that hurts...

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs