Friday, November 21, 2008

Just Plain Folks

A quiet day at my house is few and far between.
Yesterday after speaking at the Civic Center to abused women from the shelter,Trying to give them a heads up and what /where to go/do,they don't have to be abused in no form or fashion,there are people out there that will help.We are A group of ladies that see the need for change,trying to make a different.Our club is named "THE LAWYERS WIVES" our motto is ,when all else fail,give us a try.
My niece were there to help with my son, My daughter was in preschool,thank goodness...Nan wanted to go by the casting office,just to see what was going on.Lo and Behold..Sylvester Stallone will star in and direct "THE EXPENDABLES" in Feb.2009,Nan signed up to be an extra,she belongs to our actors guild.but in that business it's not what you know it's who,but I think that goes for everything.
We are a city on the grow..for the better I hope.There have been quite a few well known celebrities here making movies or just visiting....
The movie Leaves of Grass just wrapped up..starring Edward Norton and Tim Blake Nelson....There was "Mad Money" starring Queen Latifah and Katie Holmes...yet to be released "Streets of Blood" starring Val Kilmer and Curtis "50 Cent"Jackson. Each one was very nice,Katie is on the quite side.Josh Bolin made "W" here,now that was a hoot,he and his crew got into it with others at the Stray Cat Bar.My favorite was Kevin Costner..A real nice person and such a gentleman..He really enjoyed himself...When he left,he told everyone he would return,to give back some of what he is taking away with him...
Ladies and gentleman's,he returned with his band,gave a concert, raised a lot of money,had his wife and baby with him,everyone had a great time.
They are just regular people like you and I,some with a little more class than others, you have to have an insight on how to handle fame and fortune.
But all in all ,I really think it's how you see others and yourself,you have to love,respect yourself first,the other will follow.
"Happiness is a state of mind,not a set of circumstances.I can--and will--choose to be happy today".

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:20:00 PM

    you are in a wonderful position to meet fascinating people and to do a little good in the world.It's lovely to hear that you are trying to make a difference.I'm very proud of you.You're the same age as my daughter Jaye,so pardon me if my pride is a little maternal.

    I'm sorry I didn't make a contribution to the blog today.
    It was an exhausting day and just when I thought I could rest,up pops Justin.
    He just got back from Hawaii.I've just looked at five hundred photographs.He's finally snoring away in the guest room.So I thought I'd check my girls.

    You have really had some big name stars in your town.How exciting.Isn't it interesting that they are just regular folks like us.Kevin K sounds very likeable...Talk to you tomorrow honey..NIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wondered what Kevin raised the money for...Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeannie you could help ME - would you please write down all the verbs that express disgust or uglyness
    I know there are a lot out there . You as native English speaker may know more than leo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:43:00 PM

    "MATERNAL PRIDE"
    Thank you for the kind and thoughtful words,I am very pleased and happy you think of me in that way,I am in very good company indeed.
    I know Jaye is very close to your heart,everything turn out fine,Jeannie,I have always been a a believer in a greater good.
    Jaye with the twins and her illness,I can't imagine the pain you went through,there is a silver lining behind evey cloud.
    Glad Justin is home,you might fuss,but I know you enjoyed every moment of it.(giggles)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:55:00 PM

    "KEVIN"
    The money went to various organizations,we have so many here,red cross,salvation army,food bank,there are so many.He is just a hometown boy giving something back.
    The people I enjoyed most was the ones on vacation from different countries.Some of the celebrities are not what they seem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cupcake - name me some verbs that describe disgust and dislike and uglyness please. 20 at least if there are that many in the English language.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:31:00 PM

    "VERBS"
    Words that show actins.
    Vixen,I know a lot of cuss words,just use them real angry.(giggles)would have gotten back sooner,was out. lets see ...
    got damnit,mother f..ker,shithead,fart ass,it's the way you use them....Also bitch,oh Vix there are a lot of them,just think about old tart ass and they will come to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:50:00 PM

    How is my twins,still excited about the Xmas programs,the songs and jokes,I can see you in my minds eye,how proud you must be...I know they enjoy karate..I told Gil about them,he said that is a good idea ,he's going to look into it for Jill,it teaches discipline,if he is lucky,she will know when to hold and when to fold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cupcake...nice. No but I meant another words (s) for disgusting and ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:36:00 PM

    disgust- aversion repugnance revulsion revolting abhorrence nauseating sickening morally- bankrupt

    ugly-horrific repulsive vile base abominable nasty gross undesirable

    We must talking about Dave

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Jeannie, you are an angel. WE DO! I would like to have a list of as much verbs as possible that describe something nasty/ugly (or connected with). Your list helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. CC,the discipline is very good for them.Karate also teaches them courtesy,respect and keeps them focused.

    They have to bow before they enter the dojo and bow to their sensei(teacher)and always call him sir.They bow to each other before sparring,and are taught never to use what they know unless they are forced to defend themselves.Aside from that they have a lot of fun.

    A lot of karate places have programs for four or five year olds.

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs