Thursday, November 27, 2008

Friendly Neighbours

Last Thursday I was working on my Laptop from 8 a.m. until 10.00 pm. I had a lot to do and we all know how time flies when one is having fun.
Somewhere around 10.00 pm , I was restarting my computer after it crashed. It started like aways - music, Microsoft sign etc.... until, yup until a mysterious message appeared: "Your profile is unknown. Access denied."
Huh? WTF? You can't be serious, can you? Soon I found out it could.
What to do?
Restarting again and again didn't yield any results.
Well, this girl took her laptop and knocked at the next door. Thankfully, the neighbours were at home. I introduced myself, asking if they did know a thing or two about computers and if yes, if they eventually could help me.
They not only knew a lot about computers. It turned out that one of them owned a computer-store in El Cajon. Eureka!
They asked me to come in, take a seat in front of the TV - it could be awhile. One started to work on my laptop and the other one searched various pages...I didn't ask what they did nor how they did what they did. I was glad that I had found help at this time of the night and so quickly.
They needed 2 hours to repair whatever went wrong, to restart and to get it working.
It was 02.30 am when I left their place - a happy camper again.
Upon leaving they advised me to change the package from Windows Vista to XP. It is the better program and makes less problems.
Thank you guys! You saved my day!

4 comments:

  1. They were right,XP rocks.So many people told me not to install Vista,it's been sitting on my bookshelf for over a year,still sealed.
    How lucky are you,to have neighbours in the business.What are the odds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am. Otherwise I would have had to wait for the next day. And they did it for free!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:56:00 AM

    Vix.....How glad we are for your neigbours,I don't think we would have faired to well without for a day...I have an XP..glad to know they are great....(giggles)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, I have a brand new system.
    Old one out - new one in. Just like David Caruso. Took 5 hours to get it done but it was worth the wait....

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs