Friday, March 06, 2009

A Slap on the Back for Barrack

President Obama is expected to lift the ban on federal funding for research on stem cells.it should be official by Monday.
President Bush blocked the use of government monies to fund research on human embryonic stem cell lines created after August 09/2001.
Scientists say stem cell research will definitely lead to medical breakthroughs.
Some religious groups still oppose the research .We'll have to drag them,kicking and screaming into the 21st century.
The stem cells used in the research are harvested from unused embryos created as a result of in vitro fertilization at fertility clinics.These embryos would normally have been destroyed after a certain period of time.What a waste of viable cells.The stem cell is a chameleon like cell that can transform itself into any other type of human cell,be it bone,muscle or nerve.One embryo can provide a limitless supply,because the cell lines can be grown indefinitely.Researchers have also been developing techniques to create stem cells without using embryos,by modifying other types of cells.Some of the first people to benefit from this research will probably be those paralyized by spinal chord injuries.
Dr.George Daley of the Harvard Stem Cell Institute,said,"I feel vindicated after eight years of struggle.I know it's going to energize my team."
President Obama said,"The restrictions placed on funding of 'human embryonic stem cell research'have handcuffed our scientists."He also indicated,we need to keep pace with the rest of the scientific world....Kudos Mr.Pres.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:14:00 PM

    I am so glad I met you...there are so many things you make me think about...you even make me want to go back to school sometime...there are so many things I read about and not think of again...a person never realizing how close it hits home until some one brings it to your attention.
    The web has so much information about stem-cell research...I am glad Barrack is putting a lot these things on the front burner,there are a lot of people out there like me....We need a young mind and new ideas to help save mankind.
    I taken my meds last night,next thing I knew,it was this morning.
    How is Nana/Brian? Sis says she would talk to you sometime...but she types so slow...she says you are a good influence on me...sis don't say that about to many people.She agrees with everyone that I am a spoiled brat(GIGGLES)
    Is this the weekend for the twins sleep over?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:20:00 PM

    Sis has arthritis in her hands..she says it's not in the choochie..hahahaI read where stem-cells will help in a lot of illness...they will also be able to find a cure for a lot of them,so let us pray a lot of people will pick up the ball and run with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next weekend for the twins.Brian okay today.Nana,fiesty and rude.

    WE think stem cells will help Brian regrow his heart muscle some day,Jaye,a new kidney,Ian a new eosophagus and Jakey some red blood cells.And who knows,it may restore my sight.We live in hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you like the Partners in Crime Penguins?Is that me pushing you in the water??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:16:00 PM

    I am truly hopeful...we need all the help we can get...hope Obama keep their feet to the fire...glad to hear Nana is up to par...tell Brian by being a big baby how many hugs he missed.
    Sis says she would talk to you ,she has arthritis in her hands.Noah will be here late May or early June...as soon as I am up I will start making plans...Dad know a lot of people,I will ask him to help...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:24:00 PM

    I like the penguins...yes thats you pushing me in the water.
    Sis yelling at you to push my musty hot butt in...(GIGGLES)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brian is being very nice to me.That's his way of appologizing.I'm warming up to him slowly.No touchy feely today,though,unless he begs me.I have work to do this evening.I don't want distractions.How are you going to spend the evening??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:56:00 PM

    llYou know Brian is going to beg(giggles)Gil rented some movies..I am going to write my "GUMBO" recipe.This a perfect time to make him beg ...next weekend the twins will be there...Why is it so hard for a man to say they are sorry...
    put on some smell good as Jill calls it.....boy.I wish I was a fly on the wall...hahahaha...forgot to sign in again NEE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:59:00 PM

    When some of my family is here I sign off....I don't have to worry about Nan just some.(GIGGLES)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just taking a break from work.I hope you're feeling much better,Nee.Your family can't do without you.You are the heart of that family.So,take good care of yourself.They would be lost without you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:37:00 PM

    I am taking care....I have a lot to be thankful for....don't over do the work part...I have a feeling Brian is going to want some nookie.hahahahaha(GIGGLES)
    Just because I can't,don't you stop...hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs