Thursday, March 05, 2009

CLIMB A TREE

commentbaby.com
Have you ever been walking down the street and seen a big tree and had an impulse to climb it?You pause,glance around to see if anyone is looking and then walk on,feeling a little foolish.Your inner child was speaking and you didn't listen.Driving down the road on a rainy day,you see a big puddle.It's almost irresistible,that urge to drive through it and make a big splash,but you don't.Ever want to stop on the way home from work and buy a double scoop rainbow ice-cream cone,even though it'll spoil your dinner?I have.The difference between us is,that I did it and you didn't.It was delicious,that forbidden fruit.It made me chuckle all the way home.
Now,don't tell me you don't have an inner child.We all do.It's the little child you were,who desired to be nurtured,cared for,loved and indulged.The child who delighted in things,was carefree and had fun.This child still dwells within you as an adult and has shaped you and will continue to influence you all your life.You may have matured and tried to channel,control and silence it,but there it is,needing to be set free now and again.
If your childhood was unhappy,then you,of all people,should embrace that child,and heal it.Speak to your inner child and say to it,"I love you,I accept you,I'll protect you and give you all the things you've missed."Then,go directly to Disneyworld.
The child you were,knows how to have fun,for fun's sake and can help you prevent burnout and manage the stress in your life.So,now and then,listen,and let go of your mature,serious,somewhat anal,task oriented demeanor and let your child out.Follow an impulse.Climb a tree,paddle in a stream,eat ice-cream till you feel nauseous,whatever floats your boat.It is so freeing,you'll chuckle all the way home.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:21:00 PM

    Jeannie...that is so true...never lose sight of your inner child,it is a lonely place out there/
    I didn't know I had an inner child...until my my made me aware,of myself...He asked me about my ex. I needed to forgive him for whatever he did to me..I said I did forgive the damn bastard,he said fine ...now I need to take a look in the mirror and smile...the person that looks back at me...tell her/him you forgive her/him....everything else will fall in place....I love your post,it really hit home...things are so fast paced now.

    How is Nana?Is Brian in a better mood...I hope so..tell him life is to short...so I want him to kiss..hug and make up...Jeannie ...Brian loves you dearly...I think he's worried about you...men build a wall around themselves.
    Is this weekend for the sleep over?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian is a bit better,starting to communicate.I may be cool toward him for a period of time until I feel he has been punished enough.About three days,I think,since he was an ass for three days.
    Nana is still feisty,even though she can't move around much any more.Her hemoglobin is very low.They think the tumor on her lung might be bleeding into her body.I can still make her mad though.She was always mad at me.At least that's a sign of life.I will always take care of her.You only get one mom.We love each other in our own way.

    I think I'll put something sexy on with no bra that always drives Brian crazy.Then I will let him know,"It's hands off.""No touchy feely."After three days,we'll see.

    That's my plan,anyway.I usually don't follow through,because I don't like fiighting,but I'll try tonight at least.I will let you know how it went....HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:52:00 PM

    I am so glad things are better.
    Nana is her old fiesty self...Nana may be weak...sweetie she is not down..
    Lets see what to do with"BRIAN"oh I know...(GIGGLRS) get buck ass naked,twirl the tits in different directions...tell him come on big "BOY" catch me if you can...
    Jeannie Brian is going to get me.hahaha tell him I can't do the nasty,but I sure love thinking about it...
    Please tell him I am a good girl...Gil standing here laughing,saying ...yeah right...he says if Brian read any of my comments,he know where my mind stays....hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks,but no titty twirling for that guy.I have to make him pay for his nasty ways.He can want me but he can't have me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all know where your mind is at honey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you still being a lazy bitch?Good for you Luv.Drag it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:13:00 PM

    Yes I am being one lazy bitch,enjoying every minute of it..Jeannie ...Sis told me that "NOAH WYLE"will be here this spring to speak on behalf of the polar bears...have you seen his commericals,he is asking people to help save the bears...making them aware of the greenhouse gases,he stars in the T.V. series "ER"...
    I left you a comment where the little boy is standing on the little girls head...so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is Noah comong to your town.He is a stong advocate of environmental issues.We need more people with celebrity to speak against greenhouse gases.
    Maybe you could ask your cousin by marriage to speak for the bears,...HA!
    It would help his sagging career also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:53:00 AM

    The last I heard anything about Alan...he was in Fresno,California.
    I think some one said he was a mayor.
    Yes Noah is coming here the last of May or early June...I hear he will be here about 3 days...Abe is loo,ing for some of his PR people.
    wouldn't it be great to put him and his people up at the hotel in the VIP suites....now that will be a hoot.

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs