Wednesday, March 25, 2009

How to Stay Married For the Rest of Your Life

Now that you are married,you can't just relax and forget all those nice little things you used to do for each other,all the touching,the'I love yous'.You stand in danger of taking each other for granted,falling in a rut,getting bored,becoming stale and losing the glow.That's hard to fix,so keep your marriage fresh and exciting.It's not that difficult.
The following pointers on how to STAY married are just guidelines.They are not guarantees,but they worked for me and I ain't too bright.
1)Always put her/him first,before work,friends,or anything else.
Always remember your mate is the best thing that ever happened to you.
2)Keep no secrets,pool your money(it's our money)Allow nothing or no one to come between you.
3)Pick your fights carefully.Play fair,show a little class.Hurtful words can be forgiven but they are hard to forget.
4)Fall in love again every day.Flirt,kiss spontaneously and tell your partner he/she is sexy .
5)Never miss an anniversary or birthday or an occasion to make a memory.One day,they'll be more precious than gold.
6)Love her/his family as your own but don't ask them for money and never criticize them.
7)Listen to your heart,say you're sorry if you're wrong.If you're right,don't flaunt it.
8)Never go to bed mad(old but true).Talk it out.
9)There's plenty to laugh about,so laugh a lot.Laugh at yourselves.
10)Never criticize,interrupt,correct or embarass your spouse in public.In fact try not to do it in private either.It's belittling.
11)When your mate is really in need of a show of love or support,give it,even if you're not in the mood.
12)Never look for or expect perfection.It doesn't exist.
13)When you don't like each other(and it does happen sometimes)remember that you love each other.
14)Always tell the truth and tell it with kindness.
15)Try to remember each other's favorite things and make them spontaeous gifts.
16)Examine your relationship from time to time to make sure it's on the path you both want to travel.
17)Be content with what you have materially,be honest about where you are emotionally,and keep growing spiritually.
18)Be friends and lovers
19)Don't shout ,unless your pants are on fire.
20)Be an interesting person.Lead your own life,but save the best of yourself for your mate.
At the end of the day ,you'll realize that you are much better together,than you could ever be apart.Be happy.


5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:27:00 PM

    Jeannie ...Once again you hit the nail on the head....I like your take on things..Laughs/Love/Life is what make life worth living,what better way than to do it with someone you love.
    #3)If I am losing...I will get buck-ass naked and tell him to bring it on...I always win that way,hahaha.
    I tell him I am sorry and give him a little nookie...sometime we just snuggle...thats a good feeling to be held close...I have learn from you and sis there is a lot more to loving someone than bumping and grinding...making my mate happy is what it is all about,of course I get angry with him,but he know I love him....
    O.K. you are trying to teach me how to write...now I have one (1) question...when are you going to teach me to draw.(GIGGLES)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I THINK YOUR #3 IS BETTER THAN MINE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:50:00 PM

    Jeannie ...is this one of your drawing?Seen one with you standing next to it....I believe it was blue and white...maybe othercolors also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not one of mine but I have done something similar.I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:07:00 AM

    Thank about doing one ..

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs