Monday, March 02, 2009

Some Days....


commentbaby.com
You've probably had a day,or many days, you'd rather forget.Maybe you woke up late.You didn't have time to shower or wash your hair.Just a quick wash and out of the house with your hair sticking up in all directions.You don't feel put together right.Your outfit was a bad choice and you notice you have stains on your shirt.
Where are the damn car keys?"I'm late!Where'd I put the fucking keys?"
"Kids,please help me find the keys."...."I'll give you money."

If you could just freeze that tableau, step outside of it and walk away,would you?Escape,just for a few hours or a whole day.Go somewhere,where no one could find you,where you could be completely alone.A quiet place,no sound but birds singing,a soft breeze blowing,a tinkling of water flowing.With a good book in one hand and a fishing pole in the other,or maybe just a cup of coffee,you would sit by a small lake with sunlight bouncing on the ripples...Ahhhh!
Maybe your preference is soaking in a fragrant tub of bubbles,with candles around you and a glass of wine.Again...Ahhhh.
Whatever your escape might be,every once in a while,just do it.You deserve it.The world won't stop spinning.Nothing at work has such earth shattering importance,it can't wait a few hours.This is important to your emotional and spiritual health,to your sense of well being.
Our life pace is too frantic,too harried,too controlled by the clock.I can't count the number of times a day I look at my watch and reorganize and reprioritize my schedule.
Honestly,we're here for a blink,in the scheme of things.You don't realize that, until you're in your fifties and life starts hurtling past you so fast,you get a little scared.You get a feeling that you've missed something.You consider the possibility you might have been pursuing the wrong things.You realize,you really can't take anything with you,so you better start savoring it right now.
If you think this is just another homily,telling you to stop and smell the roses....You're right.So,go and smell them.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:55:00 PM

    (GIGGLES) Hey partner...are you and my man trying to tell me something....both of you are saying the same thing,I'm listening,it's coming through loud and clear....my man has read the riot act to me...Pick one project,and do it well...a lot of projects want get the attention they deserve...just take your's(POLAR BEARS) and run with it,that is enough to keep you busy.
    I said O.K. honey...he is very angry with me...I know he called me Jean`ne...he said if I hadn't been flopping my butt at the Civic Center..I would have realize I was sick...so think you for saying ,slow down,we are all in to big a hurry...I promise I will,(GIGGLES)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:26:00 PM

    I just wanted to know if I needed an account...I can starting working now...looks like Gil's semi retirement is over for a while....the movie business is about to boom here...everything else is going to pot...Gil got Josh Bolin another delay for his court date here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gil will always have a lot of business,regardless of the economy.Maybe,in times like this,people need a legal eagle more.

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs