Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"MY MAMA" Part One


Today I will talk about my large and crazy family,they are a warm and loving bunch....my dear friend "JEANNIE" said there was enough of us to start our own town...she is so right,I want to tell you about my mama and daddy...they had nine(9) children....I am the last...had to run for my life a lot of time,I was a bad little fucker and still is (GIGGLES)...so lets get all these kids in order...so you will know where I fit in this shit...kids in order so you will understand how young at heart my mama and daddy were..In order as they popped out...Richard...Hamon...Jonathan,Jr./Joanna the twins....Rachel.....Emily....Daniel...Chris...along comes me,I sneaked in the back door;
As I remember my mama....she was a tall woman with black hair...green eyes..a very pretty mama...Her name was Emily Jean`ne ...my daddy said he fell in love with her the first time he saw her...."THE BEGINNING".
My daddy met my mama in El Paso Texas on a hunting trip when he was about twenty (20) years old....my mama family moved from Tahlequah,Ok. to work on the railroad...daddy asked for her hand in marriage,her family says no...my daddy asked why...he was told he lived to far away in New Orleans...my daddy travel to Texas about once a month,guess what,my older brother Richard was on the way...mama wrote daddy,mama's family didn't know she was seeing daddy....my daddy did what any scared young man would do...He told his mama...remember "ROSE" the sea captain's daughter...well she has a lot of her mama in her ...Josie the madame....Josie started all this shit,and boy am I glad.Well "ROSE" went to Texas and gave them a piece of her mind....My mama was pregnant with her blood and she was going to take her to New Orleans with her...you know who won....my daddy said mama loved to dance and sing..she loved spring time ...love dancing/singing in the spring showers....things I remember about my mama she was a gentle woman ...lordy did she have a temper...she would get angry ,my daddy would say...watch it kids, the indian is on the warpath...my family is very protective of me...you see we lost our mama in a train/car accident when I was eight(8) years old....my older sister Joanna lost her husband in the wreck also,I call her sis..she took the responsibility of raising me with her three(3),my mama was forty-eight(48) my daddy was fifty-two(52) when I was born ,my younger brother was ten(10). Sis says the morning mama and her(Sis's) husband ...Michael left for town,mama told her to look after her baby and to tell me she loved me and would always be there looking out for me...to tell my daddy that she is glad she gave him one that looked liked her...sis says she didn't pay to much attention to mama that morning,because mama had started talking weird lately...my daddy brought us the news,that my mama was not coming back...she said before she left she would always be with me....I refuse to talk to anyone until my mama come home...I didn't understand ,I was only eight (8) years old.....to be continued......stay tuned.....you will learned she has never left me......

7 comments:

  1. A very touching story.I guess Sis knows a lot more of the details than you.It would be interesting to know what each of your brothers and sisters was doing that fateful day your Mama was killed.I bet it's burned into their memories.What were you doing that day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:17:00 PM

    I was trying to catch a chicken,I was going to wring it's head off,my mama always let me go with her....they said I told them I was not going to talk until my mama says so...I didn't talk for about a year sis said,then one morning I told my daddy ,mama said it was o.k. you know I always feel she is looking over me and saying be a good baby...my daddy loved her so much,that is for another time...Emily and I was named after our mama...sometimes she looks at me and just start crying...They built a circle around me to keep me safe....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh,you have to write it just like that in your post.What a story.All of what you just said and how they built a circle around you.perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:43:00 PM

    Nan tells me to write it down ,I tried ...Gil says I am not a writer...so I will have write with my heart/soul...it better and more truthful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:49:00 PM

    Gil told Nan I think and feel with my heart....thats the woman he fell in love with,and don't try to change me...he likes my earthy and no frills ways...

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you look at your writing now and look at something you wrote five months ago there is an enormous improvment.You are expressing yourself so clearly and the stories are so colorful and interesting.Everyone can write.All it takes is practice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You own a blog you have an obligation to write for your readers.

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs