Saturday, March 28, 2009

Fight Back...Don't Give In to Wrinkles...You Can Beat 'Em

Do you sometimes feel your wrinkles creeping up on you,feel them crawling up your neck ,slithering under you chin,trying to climb up your face?Don't just sit there and age in silent resentment or helpless acceptance.Fight back.Help is at hand,and it won't cost you an arm and a leg.I have remedies for wrinkles from all over the world,and the ingredients can be acquired from your local supermarket or health store.

As we age we lose elasticity and moisture from the skin and fine lines start to appear.Those fine lines soon become crevices and craters big enough to lose someone in and it can start younger than you think.

The most obvious things to do are ;stop smoking and drinking,very destructive to the skin.Then,you must make sure your skin is getting the right nutrition on the inside.B complex vitamins,found in beef,eggs,chicken and wheat nourish the skin.Antioxidants like vitamins A,C and E give the skin a healthy look.The Omega 3 oils help also.For a healthy glow,a tablespoon of shredded ginger in honey is said to work.Lots of rest is essential to good skin.(getting your beauty sleep really works.)

There are a lot of things you can do to the outside of your skin also.I can't guarantee them all,but the people who contributed them,swear by them.
1) A quick fix and a secret of the stars:Phillip's plain milk of magnesia,spread on the face and neck before bed and leave on all night.
2) A tried and tested concoction:mix one part lime juice to two parts glycerin and two parts rosewater-apply to face and neck and leave overnight.
3) Want softer skin?-mix two tablespoons of powdered milk with one tablespoon of honey and a little water into a paste and smear on liberally.Let set for ten minutes and rinse.
4) The contributor of this remedy claims it's very effective.Mash half a banana with half a teaspoon of flour, half a teaspoon of powdered milk and a few drops of honey.Spread it all over your face and leave for twenty minutes.Use once a week.
5) For a fruit acid astringent to tighten pores and exfoliate dead skin cells,rub face with the core of a pineapple.
6) Mix avocado pulp with grapeseed oil.Apply thickly to face,leave on for half an hour.Rinse and don't worry,your face won't stay green.
7) I don't know about this one,but here goes.-Simmer half a cup of rosemary leaves in two cups of water for 30 minutes,add half a cup of brandy,let stand for 10-15 minutes,strain and wipe skin twice a day with mixture.
8) A mixture of honey,olive oil and pure cream applied liberally as a night cream really helps.
9) For circles under the eyes,mix tumeric powder and sugar cane to form a paste and apply.Also put spoons in the freezer for a few minnutes and apply the backs of the bowls directly to your eyes or the swelling under them.
10) Liberal application of a mixture of the juice of green pineapple and green apples left on overnight is believed to tighten the skin.
11) I'm not too sure of this one but I'll throw it in the pot with the rest.-mix honey and baking soda into a paste and apply.They suggest leaving it on all night but I wouldn't.The baking soda might make your skin sore .Try it for an hour and see what you think.
12)Cucumbers really are great for your skin(not an old wives' tale.)Put cucumber through the blender,then press the pulp through a sieve.Spread the residue on your skin.It is safe around the eyes too.
Remember,you're a beautiful woman and you owe it to yourself to be at your best.I'll search for some natural hair treatments and get back to you.
Your fellow wrinkle fighter and friend... Jeannie

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:47:00 PM

    Hi Jeannie..laid down wiyh my babies,didn't wake up untiil after 12:am...Gilly was rooting for his jugs...I will try numbers 2..8.12..I am never without cucumbers,you can use them for more than salads.
    My sisters say they are waiting on the ones for thin hair,it runs in our family....
    I want to know what to use when Gilly give my boobs back if ever.(GIGGLES)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:59:00 PM

    I am glad Nana likes her TV...even if she don't act like it...I want to hear what a hard time she gave the delivery men...I bet they was glad to finish and get the hell out.Hahahaha...I am home now..you have a busy weekend next week,it's always great to have the family together for a good time.
    I know it was worth the money you/Brian spent on the car for Jeremy to see the look on his face,that moment was priceless..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:04:00 PM

    Thanks Partner for putting such beautiful pictures on the side bar,the ladies are so stunning,you have a great eye...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should see what Nan said about you under your last post..HA!

    So you did have a big arse.A preggie arse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May I ask what else you use the cucumbers for?..snicker

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will research the thin hair problem.I have this problem myself now.
    anything new about Vix?

    Jaye cooked us a lovely dinner today.I love it when people cook for me.I HATE COOKING.I only do it because I have to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got to go to bed early.Nana has to be at the hospital by seven-thirty.She is already nagging me about bringing her a lunch.if I miss you...God Bless and goodnight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:18:00 PM

    I missed you,I will catch you tomorrow....Jaye sounds like a great cook...
    Take care of Nana first...I will be here...nothing new about Vix..I know they are snarking...they are scared she is not going to get any time,,,now they say they will settle if they keep her off the internet..all that hard work for nothing...they sounds so foolish.
    I am going to get Nan...she thinks taht's funny...she says she is going to tell you a lot of more things....I will talk with you later sweetie...have a good nite and snuggle up with Brian...NEE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:29:00 PM

    I will try them to find the one that works for me,I visit often,really enjoy your chats,a little bit of everything.
    all the things the two of you have been through,you still smile at life,kudos to you both.

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs