Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Nightmare Date


Many years ago,after a harrowing six years with the wrong man,I found myself going through a divorce,with all the attendant trauma and sadness.He was unfaithful to me,more than once,and at twenty four years of age I wasn't sophisticated enough to forgive and try again.I was broken hearted.
He made it very difficult for me to disentangle myself from him.He did not want the divorce and tried everything he could to win me back,including,following me around,when I went out with friends.He also stalled the proceedings with ridiculous demands.It was nearly three years before it was finalized.
During that time,I went through various stages of feelings regarding men,but generally,I did not like or trust them.I did not date for two and a half years.Then when the Decree Nisi was issued ( that's the decree that comes before the final decree)I agreed to go out with the junior partner of our family lawyer(the
family lawyer was handling the divorce).He was about thirty,and had treated me very nicely and considerately during the long battle to be free.He always seemed to be in the conference room when I was there,or in the outer office when I arrived.
I was too naive to put two and two together and see that he was attracted to me,so I was very surprised when he asked me out.He was good looking and he was aware of it.He had longish dark hair and had a way of throwing his head back to flick the hair out of his eyes.It was an affectation I found annoying,but I thought he would be charming in other ways.His laugh was a little high pitched,but I assumed he was a bit nervous.
He came to the house way too early,with a very big bunch of flowers and had to wait while I tucked my kids in and spent a few minutes with each of them.He got somewhat impatient sitting in the living room talking to my dad.When I put my coat on and came to get him he looked a little put out.When we got in the car he said,"just to be clear,I don't like to be kept waiting."I thought that was uncalled for and said nothing.
He proceeded to tell me what an expensive restaurant he was taking me to.He described most of the entrees and went on endlessly about wine.Apparently,it wasn't necessary for me to talk,just listen.Well,he would be easy to please then.He told a rather risque joke and laughed for so long in his high pitched voice I wanted to put my hands over my ears.I thought it was inappropriate too.
I gotta say,that at this point,I wanted the date to be over and we hadn't even had dinner yet.I figured with some good food and a glass of wine we would both relax and have some conversation.At least I felt safe with him.
***To be continued***


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:19:00 PM

    Jeannie ,some men are such dopes,some thinks just because you are divorce,you want to jump in bed with them"HAR HAR",what a load of crap....I love doing the nasty,but not with just anyone,it has to be a special connection there for me...that is a tingly feeling going up/down your spine..
    I can't wait for the rest of your story...I just know he blew it when he showed his impatience with you about tucking your babies in,what a dork...I know he didn't last long....laughing like a girl,I know you wanted to run for your life...now you have a real man....your ex. sounds lile Dave and my ex.do their shit..get caught,come dragging their tails between their legs begging to be forgiven,that shit wear thin...we can do bad by ourselves...I think we both did good ..we have never looked back...what we have now is the real thing..."RIGHT ON SISTER"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:23:00 PM

    Aww shit some people just dropped in ..my man forgot to tell me...thank goodness I am still dress from shopping,I am going to beat his ass....He says just smile and look cute...He better be glad I like these two(2) couples...so enjoy your ever-ready man,I will see you tomorrow....I will put his recipe up early...so dear friend I will talk tomorrow. NEE

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs