Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tickle Me Pink Strawberry Cake...(It has sugar in it)


Four layers of strawberry flavored cake and strawberry cream filling all covered with a light pink, strawberry icing--beautiful and delicious.

Ingredients:
2 boxes white cake mix
4 quarts fresh of frozen strawberries
2 teaspoons strawberry extract
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 8 oz boxes cream cheese
4 sticks butter
2 large bags powdered sugar
Few drops of red food coloring

Method:
Prepare cakes as directed on package adding 2 quarts of finely chopped strawberries, a few drops of red food coloring and 1 teaspoon strawberry extract. Bake in four 8 inch pans. Mix 2 boxes cream cheese with 2 teaspoons vanilla. Add powdered sugar until mixture reaches spreading consistency for the filling. Mix 4 sticks butter, 2 teaspoons vanilla, 1 teaspoon strawberry extract, a few drops of red coloring and 1 quart finely chopped strawberries. Add powdered sugar until reaches spreading consistency for the frosting. Slice last quart of berries in half and set aside. Place first cake on cake plate and spread with filling mix which will be thick. Place strawberry halves, cut side down over cake, add next layer of cake and repeat for each layer. When all layers have been stacked, frost cake with strawberry flavored icing.

Notes: This 4 layer cake is rich and beautiful. When it is sliced, the white of the filling looks beautiful against the red of the berries and the pink of the frosting and cake. I would love a piece but you eat one for me.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:26:00 AM

    What a surprise to see the recipe this morning, i was dreaming of strawberries and wanted some so bad, I told my man it's like when I was pregnant and had the munchies, he said I better not be pregnant, he would sue the pants off the doctor that cut into his balls...[giggles].
    There's no meeting today, they are trying to come together for a solution to benefit everyone.
    We are still having trouble and hopefully I will be able to log on this evening so keep your fingers cross.
    I eat a little sugar, not much,you know I love chocolate and don't eat sugar-free candy or diet sodas, my family has the best of both worlds. See you later on the Lena post.
    Oh yes...Gilly and I will eat a piece for you sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:32:00 AM

    PIC...I just notice Brad's winking his right eye at me, what a bad boy he is.[giggles]
    I bet his dangle is hard.

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs