Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Kim Cattrall : I'm Nothing Like Samantha Jones of Sex and The City

Yes, she's 53 and fabulous, but Kim Cattrall would like to make one thing clear : In real life she's not Samantha Jones. But as she gears up for another wild ride as the sexually uninhibited power publicist in Sex and The City 2, which opens thursday, it's pretty evident she's just as candid and outspoken. Cattrall chatted about - her relationships, wearing heels while riding a camel and her strange connection to Tiger Woods.
Q) I know you've signed ironclad confidentially agreements, but what can you tell us about Sex and The City 2 !
A) When I read it , I e-mailed [writer/director] Michael Patrick King, and I said it's fun, it's fabulous and it's great. I felt in the first movie we had to recap and show a much more serious side to the relationships, but this is really much more the girls on a caper. To be on the back of a camel in the Sahara in 4-inch heels, I don't think that's been done before.
Q) Was the camel cooperative ?
A) No, my camel spat at me and he would stop and suddenly sit down.
Q) I've read that you see yourself as the antithesis of samantha, but there are some similarities. For starters, you are both single [ since splitting with chef Alan Wyse last May ].
A) I don't see the fact that's she single as having anything to do with me . She's a character. You go through periods of your life when you're in a relationship, especially in my job, and then you're not. Recently, there was a picture of Tiger Woods in a British newspaper and they put a picture of me as Samantha next to him ! And I think it's hilarious that they linked us. Because I'm a serial mongamist.
Q) So they linked you to Tiger Woods because he's a sex addict and Samantha is a sexual person
A) Yes, yes ! And she's the epitome of what they now call a cougar.
Q) How does it feel to still be a sex symbol?
A) I look at pictures of Sophia Loren, she still pretty sexy. Would I want to be 20 again? No! I'm really happy where I am. People in their early 30s now are getting huge amounts of plastic surgery. There should be a campaign to get rid of that.
Q) So much has been made of fights between cast members of SATC. What's the vibe like among the girls ?
A) It has always been very professional. We have always done our work to the best of our abilities. I think when four (4) really smart talented women get together , it scares people. I hope we get to do another movie ! It's the greatest job you can ask for. Even when camels spit at you.
My spin on Sex and The City : I watched the series now and then when it was on TV and found it at times quite amusing, especially when the guy with the over-sized penis had a go with Samantha, boy did she have a surprise look on her face as if to say is that thing home grown or did you grow up on a farm? After reading this , SATC has peaked my interest....stay tune the saga continues.
Kicking back having fun and keeping it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs