Saturday, August 29, 2009

"Now We Are Complete "

What A happy Ending To A Heartwarming Story
Sisters Cassie and Candace Eloph had spent years trying to find their long lost older brother. their mom had placed him for adoption right after he was born,and his sisters never had a chance to meet him.
They scourced the Internet for contact information , but it had been 32 years since he'd been adopted,and they had no real clue to his where abouts.
We looked for him because we knew how bad our mother felt about giving him up,Candace told the Enquirer. But as the years passed , we thought we'd never find him. They'd all but given up hope, when they found him in an unlikely place. He was living right across the street. It's just incredible, says Candace.
James Wheat was given up for adoption by his 16-year-old mother JoEllen Cottrelll, after he was born at the Barksdale Air Force Base in Bossier City, Louisiana in 1977.
It was more her mother's decision, and she went along with whatever her mom said, says Cassie. Jamie is of mixed race. I think that's why her mom was so adamant that she had to give him up.
JoEllen moved away from Louisiana , got married and had three daughters: Candace,29, Cassie, 27, and Nikki, 30. Jamie grew up in Shreveport, Louisiana after being adopred by Ted and Ann Wheat. Jamie told the Enquirer ,I have two great parents, But I was always curious about who my real mother was.I tried to find her when I was 14. The adoption agency sent me all these forms to fill out, but they said they'd only put me in touch with her if she agreed to meet me.I never filled in the forms because I was afraid she might not want to hear from me.
Two years ago, Candace and Cassie moved into a duplex in Shreveport--directly across the street from Ted and Ann Wheat's home. It wasn't long before Candace ,Cassie and Jamie became friends. Then one night in May , Jamie mentioned his birthday in passing, Jan.27,1977. Hmm,we had a brother who was born on that date, but he was adopted,Cassie recalls telling him. Jamie then told the women he had been adopted and where he'd been born--and that his birth mother had red hair, freckles and her maiden name was Henderson.
Candace and I looked at each other and gasped, says Cassie. WE said , Jamie ,this is unbelievable, you're our brother ! Our mom has red hair and freckles , and her maiden name was Henderson. We started hugging and crying. We'd finally found him. We immediately called our mom and told her. She burst into tears and kept screaming , Oh my God !"
That evening , JoEllen got in her car and drove 12 hours through the night from her home in Kansas City, Mo. to Shreveport. When she got there , she and Jamie fell into each other's arms. We was both bawling, says Jamie. I made it a point to tell her that I was "OK" with her giving me up for adoption, I was just glad I finally found her.
My take on this: What a wonderful ending to a beautiful story...they live here in my hometown, I will try to get an interview from the siblings to see will they tell us a little about themselves in their own words.....you bet Jeannie and I will be riding on cloud nine...stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:30:00 PM

    I visit your site quite often. I enjoyed reading about Candace, Cassie and Jamie.
    I live down the street from them.
    Didn't know one of you was from Shreveport.
    I told my kids to let me know when they get home,I am dying to show them this article.
    Keep up the good works and God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:43:00 PM

    Anonmyous
    We are glsd you enjoyed it, there is so much hate and sorry in the world these days, it was a joy and a privilege to find such a wonderful story. So glad the mother and son got their wish. I'm sure she's glad to know he was adopted by a loving family.
    And thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:22:00 PM

    thank U all very much.. It is such an amazing story, and I am just so glad we ran into the paths of one another. He is a great brother!!!

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs