Wednesday, June 10, 2009

" Way to Go Tomi Rae" You got the last laugh


"I feel good ...VERY good." Those are the words of soul legend James Brown widow Tomi Rae Hynie, who mimicked her late husband's famous lyrics in celebration when she was recently awarded $25 million from his estate--more than two years after his death.In an excusive interview from her tiny Las Vegas apartment,Tomi Rae, 40, detailed the nightmare she and her 7-year old son,James,Jr. have lived through since the legendary performer died at age 73 of congestive heart failure on Christmas Day 2006.Tomi Rae also revealed that Brown's estate is worth an estimated $100 million,of which she will get a quarter ...Tomi Rae said there was times they were without food ,shelter and had just the clothes on their backs,she revealed it has been hard,the worst moment was right when James died and they locked me out of my own house,they froze all the bank accounts ,I had no money,nothing,I have been struggling to make ends meet on Social Security benefits. On May 36,a South Caroline judge ruled that--despite the controversy---Tomi Rae was in fact,James Brown's surviving wife,and her son was James Brown's son. There was those that said I wasn't his wife and James Jr. wasnt his son.The judge approved a settlement that gives half of the estate to his charitable trust,a quarter to Tomi Rae and the reminder to his adult children.Tomi Rae also gets the South Caroline manison she shared with the "Godfather of Soul".Tomi Rae says she can now walk back into that house,but I don't plan to live there,she said she is going to turn it into a living monument to James and make it a museum to his memory like "Graceland".Tomi Rae who wed the singer when she was 32 and he was 68--says James predicted the money fight would ensure after his death,he told me he wanted me to stay in there and fight,and I did.Thirteen people have come forward to claim that they are James children and deserve a portion of his estate..."WTF"...Tomi Rae says it is not about the money and it never has been,my son knows he is James Brown's son and his daddy loved him,I just want my son to come up in the world knowing his daddy loved him,and people to know he is the son of a legend...my take on this:Kudos to you Tomi Rae,once again you proved my point...money isn't everything...but so nice to have...good fight girl...

15 comments:

  1. I love a happy ending. People squabble about money all the time.It's the root of all evil.

    I don't have to squabble.As soon as my dad died, Nana disinherited me.Since she left her money to the twins ,I'm quite satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nee, it was only a week ago we hit 30,000 and now we're 32,040.We're averaging about 1,000 reads a week which is very good as blogs go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:01:00 PM

    I am with you on the happy ending,I love them too.Money is a nice thing to have,you have to use it wisely.You and I are very rich indeed,we have the love of our families and friends,now that dear friend money can't buy,we are rich in so many ways.Nana is a smart lady,she knew Brian was always take care of you,and the every-ready man has made his place in the world.
    The twins are young and needs the best education you can afford,Nana made a wise choice.
    Brian the every-ready man has your money and your "ROCK"..I'm hot today.hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:11:00 PM

    I knew we would find our niche,you was right,our viewers/fans like a little bit of everything,a little spice in everything...like making gumbo...I also think they like hearing old friends talking...and now we have Katherine,I think she is settling in quite nicely,letting her hair down a bit.

    P.S. Jeannie you and Gil is in the same boat...Dad left all his money to my babies,says Gil will have to take care of me..Like you,I am satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually I meant 2,000 reads a week.That's why I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katherine7:51:00 PM

    Way to go gals, on a successful blog! Pulling in 2000 a week is most excellent and you should be proud of yourselves!

    Can you imagine if all those people actually posted? Wow

    Happy evening gals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:52:00 PM

    It is great to know we get that many to drop in for a cup of gossip.How you doing?

    Hi Katherine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:56:00 PM

    Thanks Katherine...it would be nice.....I tell you whats nice,we have you...we will be up 8 months on the 17th.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katherine8:07:00 PM

    awww thanks CC, I am really glad to be here, these stories of family really are amazing, you are all so blessed!

    I am doing alright this evening, no work tomorrow! yeay!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:13:00 PM

    Glad you like it here,hope you enjoy your day off..do you have siblings?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katherine8:20:00 PM

    No CC I have no siblings and my parents died long time ago. It is really just me on my own...:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous9:11:00 PM

    Well you got us,I have 5 brothers ,3 sisters by blood.

    I have 1 sister from the spirit and by the heart...her name is "JEANNIE"...so welcome..as I have said if you have a problem.we listen..if it's work/man etc,you will feel better by getting it out of your system....where is your home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katherine9:16:00 PM

    Thank you CC, I really like knowing I have you to listen to...:)

    I live in Manhattan Beach, a small apartment because it is expensive, but I really love being near the ocean so it is worth it!

    I find the water and sea air very comforting so I am often walking somewhere on the beach...:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous9:23:00 PM

    K...you are welcome..you have Jeannie to listen to you ,I'm fussy as you can see...you are paying your own way,so live where you please..if I get knocked off ,we have storm warning ,the weather is carzy..maybe some tornadoes..

    ReplyDelete
  15. More tornados in your neck of the woods Nee? I hope you don't have a power outage. Be safe.you guys should have basements.They are so safe during tornados.

    At least you don't live in a trailer park...HA!

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs