Sunday, June 28, 2009

TOP 10 INVENTIONS OF ALL TIME..DO YOU AGREE?

Have we invented anything better than sliced bread? Some say 'yes'. Some think sliced bread is pretty hard to beat. What about a better mouse trap? Folks, no one has invented that yet.
Do we really care any more if they do invent one? I'm waiting for food synthesizers and I'm waiting for "Scotty"to beam me from my house to the supermarket. I don't need a mousetrap if I have my handy phaser in my purse.


The ten best inventions of all time are:

10. The Television.~John Logie Baird filed his first patent in 1923, for a device that yielded an eight-line image. Years later this was followed by the sale of the first television set, a device that he baptized a "televisor." In 1932, the British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) launched the world's first regular TV broadcasts. Today, the jury is still out on whether it serves an educational benefit or is a cultural curse. My goodness, haven't they seen the Cindy Margolis show yet?

9. The Printing Press~The printing press was the first one of many communication mediums, changing how information was collected, stored, retrieved, criticized, discovered, and promoted. It has been implicated in the Reformation, the Renaissance and the Scientific Revolution. The very first mass communication.That is to say;a lot of people could be informed about the same thing at the same time.

8. The Laser ~Forty years after Einstein drew up the concept of the stimulation of light waves, a doctoral student earned a patent on Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation (LASER) and the resulting beam to cut, heat and measure. Consumers love lasers thanks to CD players and laser printers. Doctors love lasers because they simplify and quicken cosmetic and eye surgery. Scientists love lasers for their precision and power. We love lasers because of faster lines at the beer store.

7. The Automobile"You can have any color as long as it is black," boasted Ford at the turn of the Century. Automobiles have come a long way. They permitted rapid transportation of people and goods. The next challenge lies in developing environment-friendly automobiles. We're still waiting for the flying cars that Back to the Future promised.

6. The Internet~A secret Pentagon project, the Internet served as a communication network that would remain intact, even if several of its strands were broken. While your parents were celebrating Woodstock, two computers in southern California exchanged information.The Net has emerged into mainstream culture after Tim Berners-Lee thought up a structure of links and addresses for sending data -- unhampered by central authority and proprietary software -- bringing the Internet to life and effectively making the globe a village by fostering the sharing of information. How else could AskMen help users from Seattle to Sydney 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

5. The Plane~Bicycle manufacturers, the Wright brothers, accomplished the first motorized flight in 1903 while British engineer Frank Whittle filed the first patent for a jet engine in 1930. Parallel tests in Germany made that country the first to fly a jet-powered plane, the Heinkel He 178, in 1939. Thirty years later, the Boeing 747 Jumbo jet made international air travel fast, comfortable and affordable -- just don't tell that to the passengers of the Concorde.

4. DNA~Okay, so it's not so much an invention as it is a discovery, but nevertheless, scientists have learned to manipulate it to our advantage. "We have discovered the secret of life," said British scientist Francis Crick in 1953, in reference to deoxyribose nucleic acid (DNA), the double-helix molecule in the cell nucleus that determines heredity. Unraveling the genetic code has made it possible for humans to fight disease and improve food production. Looking ahead, genetic research has opened up moral dilemmas, such as cloning, which suits us fine so long as they start with Brad Pitt.

3. The Steam Engine~The steam engine powered the Industrial Revolution and inspired the science of thermodynamics, broadening and deepening the understanding of the world as expressed in Isaac Newton's laws of nature. From steam engines to fogged-up car windows, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

2. The Pill~This mixture of two hormones that suppress ovulation unleashed a sexual and social revolution. Overnight, women gained effective control over their fertility, smashing constraints on women's sexual freedom and the right to work, eventually giving them unprecedented political and economic clout. We love the Pill.

Can you guess number one?? Of course you can.Where are you right now?

1. The Computer~The first operational electro-mechanical computer was used to crack secret Nazi codes. Innovation has miniaturized computers while increasing their power exponentially: the transistor (1947), the integrated circuit (1959) and the microprocessor (1970), increased the speed to process data, while the hard disk (1956), modem (1980) and mouse (1983) boosted their power to make data accessible. They now fit in your pocket and the palm of your hand.

A good list, but I think it should be expanded to the twenty all time top inventions. Any ideas??

Some further inventions have been suggested as being in the top twenty:
-the wheel-the hammer-the nail-electricity
-the lightbulb-the safety pin-the telephone-the hypodermic needle

58 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:11:00 PM

    {GIGGLES} All these inventions is great,a real service to mankind.
    The greatest invention I have found is my man's dangle, especially when he makes into a pole and let me slide on it.
    AWwwww now PIC see what you made me say..I am hot tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:14:00 PM

    How is everyone? Hope you are enjoying your down time with the rock.
    Stop it, I seen you trying to pat the dangle.Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have dangles on the brain today.Tell Gil he's not doing his job well enough.

    Don't make me wash your mouth out with soap again again or I'll tell Sis to beat your musty butt...HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:10:00 PM

    Hey ...hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:13:00 PM

    Sis can't catch me..her legs not long enough..hahaha..
    You asked if anyone knew anymore.
    There is nothing better than a good poking sometime..HA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nana's in a good mood today.The only thing I can think of that would make that happen is a personal visit from God or the Queen.I'm fairly sure it wasn't the queen.
    The Rock is in a poor mood because it rained all day and he wanted to go to our secluded spot in the 'Love Boat'and make whoopee.we could have gone anyway but it looked like a thunder storm was coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:20:00 PM

    Did you get to spend the day with your "Knight"..I hope so I bet you enjoyed every moment.
    I was thinking about you and Sis when I wrote my post today,it's in draft..."Relationships and Commitments.Sometime I just write down my feeling,I have learned a lot from my 2 mentors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou for the advice. I'll tell Jaye in the morning.

    We couldn't go to the boat and we lost the mood for whoopee but I found a terrific clothing sale, which is as good as sex and if it's a sale of designer labels,then it's better than sex.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Other things I've found to be as good or better than sex.
    1)Godiva chocolates with cream fillings.
    2)Strawberry and/or butterscotch sundaes with french vanilla ice- cream or home-made ice-cream
    3)cherry cheese-cake
    4)Pretty jewellry
    5)a beautiful painting
    ...I have a host of others:
    -books
    -music
    -a great movie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:37:00 PM

    It is as hot as a dick's hat-band here.We will be getting some rain about Tuesday the weather man say.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankyou for the tips.We're pretty naive about such things but this is important to them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:41:00 PM

    I just love sales,I can stay all day just looking.They don't make clothes as well as they used to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You told me once that you can cook eggs on your sidewalks sometimes.Is that really true?

    It's very warm here but the uncomfortable thing is the muggy humidity.We're not used to that.It feels like I can't breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous10:52:00 PM

    I think it was around a 100 degrees Friday,you have to have a good air conditioning system,I try to stay inside,and summer just got here.Yes you can fry an egg sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  15. But getting back to dangles, isn't there anything you like better than sex??I have to know.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous11:10:00 PM

    There was other thing I liked,but lordy when this man got a hold of me,he sent me to seventh heaven.
    I think that's why he sleeps on his stomach mostly.hahaha
    Maybe I am having a mid-life crisis. {GIGGLES}

    ReplyDelete
  17. He sleeps on his stomach so you can't jump him?? You must tell me some day what his heavenly technique is.Perhaps when we've had a few cocktails sometime we can compare their techniques...HA!

    Boy they would not like that. But I bet men discuss their women like that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous11:18:00 PM

    Sis says I just like to aggravate him,Gil says twice a moth is all he can afford since I raise the price..he can afford maybe $2.50..but times is tough.I going to kill him.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think you better tell him ,the more you pay,the better the service you get.

    For $2.50 he get's a smile.For $10,000.00 you'll rock his world so hard he won't be able to stand up but he'll be floating on cloud nine for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous11:27:00 PM

    You know when they get their's ,they get up and go,or go to sleep..like one I know.hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous11:35:00 PM

    I am going to tell him I will rock his world...He'll just wait and catch me in the morning...He says little gil go to sleep at 8pm,wake up around 4:30 am...that foolis so crazy,he will have you laughing so hard sometime Nan crys.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brian is usually so relaxed he goes to sleep while I'm asking him if he enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Little Gil wouldn't get much action in my house.At 4:30 AM I am asleep or very cranky.At 8:00 PM I am usually doing a hundred things.
    Now around 10:00PM or 11:00PM I'm raring to go.I also like lunchtime or afternoons.
    I can appreciate a quickie almost anytime but 4:00AM.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous11:41:00 PM

    I think Nana have been in a pretty good mood since she read the Major's story and it brought back memories .

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous11:44:00 PM

    I am up on him,shit he be snoring so loud he don't know he is in the world,and he say he don'r snore.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous11:46:00 PM

    Thats how you can tell you gave them a good ride,and they know you are happy.My ex was lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nana's moods fluctuate. The twins are coming for a visit tomorrow.That could be the reason.

    I'm doing a barbecue;she loves barbecue.That could be the reason.
    I bought her a little gift today(even though she didn't like it).That could be why.

    But really,I think you're right.I sort of turned their story into a short(Reader's Digest Condensed)romance.She loves romance.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous11:56:00 PM

    My ex was a bam-bam thank you "mam",so I guess whan I got a man that made love instead of fuck,I was happy,a lot of women say that most older men know how to make a women enjoy,if she is his woman.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous12:01:00 AM

    Nana love when the twins visits. It could be all of those reasons why she is in a good mood.If only her body could keep up with her mind.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yes,an older man is much more considerate of his partner.Brian cares about my pleasure also.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous12:10:00 AM

    I know Brian care about your pleasure.
    [1] he can't wait to get home.
    [2] he would get a boner whenever you are around.
    [3]he likes to sneak up on you and catch you off guard..HA!!!
    Am I right or am I right..hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  32. It's nice being on holiday.We're very relaxed.

    Wow,you and I are usually on the same wave length.It's weird.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Anonymous12:13:00 AM

    See I have other things on my mind beside the dangle...sometime..haha
    we can always talk privately.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Anonymous12:17:00 AM

    It is weird,I didn't know shit about blogging,I only knew I didn't want to lose you. It will come full force one day,there is a reason,it seems we feel things the same .

    ReplyDelete
  35. You have a memory like a steel trap.All those things are true.
    He's been very frisky lately,so he has been grabbing me all of a sudden and giving me a big smacking kiss,just like the old days.
    A few years ago,he'd creep up behind me when I was doing laundry or dishes(usually if I was wearing a dress) and I'd get a little surprise or a big surprise,depending on your point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Anonymous12:19:00 AM

    How long will you be on holiday?
    Do you celebrate the 4th of July?

    ReplyDelete
  37. Anonymous12:24:00 AM

    It was a big surprise.I bet you wore dresses a lot,so you could be surprised.hahaha Brian liked surprising you too.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I have come to believe that we've been brought together to teach each other something valuable that will help us to be better people and live our lives to the max.

    I think you can be a voice in your part of the world to inform people of global warming.People are not too aware down there.We have to unite to save our planet.
    The European countries are doing it.I think it's one of the reasons
    you and I came together.

    On your part,you may be supposed to save my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Anonymous12:27:00 AM

    Do you remember when and why I stopped wearing panties?

    ReplyDelete
  40. Yes,sometimes I would wear a summer dress and no panties.I still do.I liked those surprises.It was better when the kids left.

    Then they started coming back.Steve moved in for a couple of years.Then, AL separated from his wife and moved in for eight or nine months.Then Jaye moved in for two years(with twins)..No more surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Anonymous12:34:00 AM

    I can be a voice ,if one don't listen I just move on to the next one,it's like planting seeds and watching things grow. I didn't think of Go;ab Warming until I met you..By the way if I save your soul,will you save mine.
    There is always a reason for things happening,if you look back on how we came together,it is strange.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'm aware you like to go around panty free or buck naked.

    I guess you can't do that at Sis's house.you must miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'd be honored to save your soul honey.It'll be harder saving mine.I'm an old sinner with a lot to atone for.There are things I can see now that I should have done.When you are young and selfish you don't see them.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Anonymous12:39:00 AM

    You would have had it no other way,"J" got a raw deal from the fool,but you know she is better off now.

    ReplyDelete
  45. It was weird how we met.There we were, all three bashing DC and we felt a connection.
    If Vix hadn't been so wrapped up in her fixation and sickness,she might have felt it too.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I've bashed a few other bad boys but I got very interested in why Vix hated him so much.She never would come out and say it.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Anonymous12:45:00 AM

    I think a lot of people can look back and say "IF".When you atone for the things you have done,they are washed away.We are suppose to learn from our mistakes.I don't confess my sins to no priest to forgive me.I try to learn from my mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Yes,that is the right way.I never understood how a priest could have the power to forgive you.
    Besides you get off too easy that way and you don't learn anything.

    You have to make it right and then forgive yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Anonymous12:52:00 AM

    Maybe it was like the paper said,she offer him a "BJ".I have bashed some bad boys too,never hated them,shit I bash Brad's old ass and I think he is a hunk.I still like them it's just fun to bash the shit out of them..
    DC and Mel is the worse I have seen so far.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I've been doing a lot of Mel bashing lately.He needs it.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Anonymous12:57:00 AM

    I guess thats what I was thinking today when I wrote my post.I want you to read it and post it for me.The title is "Relationship and Commitments". I get in a mood some time,and I just write what I be feeling at the time.
    I love putting them in draft since I learn how,hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  52. It's one in the morning your time honey and two in the morning my time.You have to be wide awake when Little Gil wakes up at 8:00Am.

    I hate signing off sometimes when we're having an interesting gab.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I read it and post it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Anonymous1:04:00 AM

    I really don't think anyone can top old fart-ass DC.He just don't have no respect.I would never want to be around someone that talk about my friend. I will not listen to anyone that say mean things about Vix..Hell I knew her ass was crazy,but I liked her and called her friend.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Anonymous1:09:00 AM

    Little gil better stay sleep,Gilly will be getting all the attention .
    I will say goodnite and see you tomorrow,time really flys when you are having fun,Don't forget to delete.
    Goodnite dear friend,have a restful nite ..LUV...PIC...NEE

    ReplyDelete
  56. Yeah DC is pretty bad.He's hurt a lot of people.That will be hard to atone for.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Have a good sleep ,see you tomorrow( I often look at your picture)

    luv...luv...pic

    ReplyDelete
  58. Anonymous1:13:00 AM

    Kisses and hugs from Jean`ne to Jeannie....Nite..PIC...NEE

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs