Monday, June 29, 2009

"Relationships and Commitments"


All relationships take work. Sometimes that work looks like a disagreement or an argument.It may also look like stress that creates tenison between partners in a relationship. The work may look like a separation. Don't worry!! It is all part of the work. The key to a successful relationship is to allow the work to take place,to allow the communication to continue,and to keep your heart open to love and to be loved.
A relationship is not just the place we go to find love,companisonship, and intimacy. It is the place we go to heal, to grow, and to work on ourselves. A relationship is an environment which gives us the opportunity to see how much we are capable of giving, how strong we are,and how flexible we can be.The key to successfully working through the issues of a relationship are: to be willing to grow, to be ready to heal ,and to keep your heart open to do the work that will be required for your growth and healing.
We are using the wrong math in our relationships.When two people come together to share their lives, 1+1 does not equal 2! 1+1=1! In a relationship, two whole and complete people come together to make a whole and complete union.The parties must be loving,respectful and generous to themselves before they can offer more of the same to a partner.
Far too often, we use our relationships as a crutch, something to hold us up. When two emotionally challenged people try to stand on one crutch, there is a likelihood that they will both fall. When we enter into a relationships as whole people ,we should bring our strengths to the table. When we add who we are to who our mate is, we should come up with a much better,stronger,more empowered unit. But hey,that's just me. [giggles]

4 comments:

  1. Nee,I won't be on line tonight.The twins decided to stay over night and they are impossible to get to sleep.Talk to you tomorrow honey.Be good if you can ...luv you...J

    PS...I left photos of the boys in drafts for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:54:00 PM

    Thankyou,see you tomrrow and kiss the twins for me and have a great time with your babies.
    How is everyone? i hope they are better and to keep improving.
    Tell Nana I say hello and to behave . I know Nana will enjoy the twins.
    Talk tomorrow..I'm always good.HA!!!..luv ya...NEE

    ReplyDelete
  3. The twins are finally asleep.I'm fatigued but I wanted to tell you I loved this post.It has wisdom and insight and was very well done.You are getting so good at this.
    I left another couple of pictures
    for you,Nee.The one with the dog is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boys are so sweet.Jakey said as I kissed him goodnight."If I was a bad boy in any way today,I am very sorry,Gunny.I never want to hurt you."
    He is so sweet and he spends a lot of time with Nana and is very kind to her.

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs