Thursday, September 02, 2010

Ode To Gil - 2

 
              You're so handsome you break hearts,
              And you're a man some think is smart.
              Charisma, charm and wit, still there,
              Even though you've lost some hair.


               Muscles taut and tummy flat,
               There's no chance you'll run to fat.
               Laugh at age, defy the clock,
               Ignore the ominous, faint tick-tock.
               Laugh lines, grey hairs, you just flaunt,
               And still, that tick-tock, like a taunt.


               Life still makes your pulses quicken,
               So what, if some arteries thicken,
               At least you're still alive and kickin.
               Hark now, can you hear that tickin?
               Careful Gil, you're no 'Spring Chicken.'


                                                              Luv Jeannie

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:20:00 PM

    Good morning Jeannie,

    Laugh lines,gray hair, how can I not help those things happening to me, I married 'Baby,' you never know what to expect from her at any given time.

    Now, to losing some hair.
    Happily married men know why they lose some hair and their wives are very happy. Now I have another laugh line just thinking about-----well I will leave that to your imagination.

    I will make a plaque to hang in my office. I have quite a few of your works and some of them are great ice-breakers, such as the valley of the penis, 'Baby' jumping out naked at me,etc.


    I never know what to expect and in my household there is never a dull moment.

    I drop in ever so often to see what you two are up to and I will say there is never a dull moment here.

    Gil - 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gil - 2
    No need to imagine;your wife tells me everything...HA!

    I think you are both awesome people for turning a little boy's life around. See you around Long Shank.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for teasing you about the 'spring chicken' thing.(Not really)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:40:00 PM

    Good evening Jeannie,

    Thank you.

    Jonny is a welcome addition to our family.

    He's like a diamond in the rough, with a little polishing he will be just fine.

    'Baby' said you told her it would be nice to name him after her dad it meant a gift from 'God.' We presented him with three names, that's the one he wanted.

    My dad says Jonny chose us .

    With love and attention he will thrive to be a great man in whatever profession he chooses,we will support him as all our children.

    Gil.

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs