Monday, September 13, 2010

Best Ever Pumpkin Roll

"This is the best pumpkin roll I've ever tasted. Everyone who tastes it always ask for the recipe. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar, if desired."
Original Recipe Yield 1 - 15x10 inch jelly roll cake

Ingredients:
3 eggs
 1 cup white sugar
 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
 1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
 confectioners' sugar for dusting

Filling:
 1 cup confectioners' sugar
 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
 2 tablespoons butter,softened
 8 ounces cream cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 15x10x1 inch baking pan and line with parchment paper. Grease and flour the paper.
In a large bowl, beat eggs on high for five minutes. Gradually add white sugar and pumpkin. Add flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Spread batter evenly in pan. Sprinkle walnuts evenly on top.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately turn out onto a linen towel dusted with confectioners sugar. Peel off paper and roll cake up in the towel, starting with the short end. Cool.

To Make Filling: Mix confectioners sugar, vanilla, butter or margarine, and cream cheese together till smooth.

Carefully unroll the cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1 inch of edges. Roll up again. Cover and chill until serving. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar, if desired.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:54:00 PM

    My dear sweet lady,
    I am very please you didn't forget me.
    Maybe now things will get back to normal. My niece was and still is a great disappointment to me but like everyone else I live and learn.
    My daughter told me before I left she didn't feel good about me leaving without my son and I should wait for a few weeks the adoption will not take long.
    My niece said she could handle it , didn't know she had an alternative notion of her own.
    After I got there and realize what she was doing I was at my wits end.My daughter called and talked to my dear Rhonda and learned what was going on. My daughter told her she has a queasy feeling feeling about Shirley . Tell me not to worry my son will be there as soon as possible, she would see to it just take care of me.
    My dear sweet lady hope you and your family is well and happy, I am now since returning home as they say home is where the heart is.
    Thanks for the recipes my daughter made the chocolate one, I went to the store today and bought a pumpkin.
    How is your dear Mother? Well and happy and wants the cool weather to hurry in. Tell your dear mother I am keeping a lookout for Romeo. Tell your dear mother to keep her cane ready like my dear sister to thwart off his advances.
    How is your dear husband? I hope he is still improving and with a dear sweet lady at his side he will be his old self in no time.
    I remembered how to get here and get to your other site.
    Now maybe we can get back to where we left off.
    Looking to hear from you soon.
    Your sweet tooth friend and admirer.
    G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear G,
    Welcome home.I hope your business is taken care of to your satisfaction and Rhonda is secure. Another duck, carefully placed in your row of ducks.
    It's a sad fact that we can choose our friends but we can't choose our family. We have to accept what we are given. You certainly have a few black sheep in your family but we have our share too. We look at them and think,"where in the hell did they come from?"
    It's wise to listen to your daughter's intuition. She is often right on the money. She has often had a feeling about something in my life,thousands of miles away, which has turned out to be uncannily correct. I tell you G.,It's downright spooky.

    You have an ingredient in your family that I don't have to deal with in mine, greed.It can change nice ordinary folks into drooling monsters. I am so thankful I don't have to deal with that.I think your son is well equipped to deal with them. He sounds like a tough guy.You gave him the tools and he knows how to use them.

    Gil definitely has a soft side though.I think it is wonderful that he and Nee are adopting Jonny.They have changed that little boy's life and future for the better. And you have a houseful of kids to enjoy. I don't think Jonny knew life could be so wonderful.It all started changing from the day you bought him that bike.

    I's nice and cool up here now. Just how we like it. And the trees are turning beautiful shades of orange and gold. It's a happy-sad time. We have to put away our summer toys and store the boat for winter and get out the damn snowblower. But we are more comfortable with that than that infernal heat.

    I hope all your hurricanes and tornados have gone away for the season. But you've still got all those gators down there, nasty creatures. I'm willing to bet that our moose could stomp them to death though....HA!

    I hope you can take it easy for a while now. You don't need all this hassle. Anyone else gives you grief, I'll send my mom down there. She can beat the crap out of them with her cane.(still waiting for Romeo)

    Talk to you later G...Hugs...Jeannie

    Talk to you later

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs