Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Building You Have To See Before You Die


Herg`e Museum , Louvainla-Neuve, Brussels, Belgium...open to the public in May 2009. Inside , the Pritzer Prize -winning de Portamparc has captured the playful spirit of Herg`e's legalcy, with large comic-strip-shaped windows, vibrant and colorful supporting elements , and curving , elevated footbridges connecting four galleries.
Acropolis Museum , Athens, Greece....Bernard tschumi, whose groundbreaking works include the iridesent   BLUE  residential tower in Manhattan and the avantgarde Parc de la Villette in Paris, opted  for a simple , three-story composition to house the most treasured collections of sculptures and other artifacts of  ancient Greece . The new Acropolis Museum , open in 2009.
Iber`e Camargo  Foundation , Porto Alegre, Brazil ,..Porto Alegre in Brazil is defing itself as a budding arts and design community, and now . The Iber`e Camargo Foundation building , which opened in June 2008, houses a collection of work from the eponymous artist, one of Brazil's greatest. Given the building's narrow plot, wedged between a highway and river - Siza used his trademark pragmatic approach - much of his work is know for it's sensitivity to local topography  and moderist detailing.
MAXXI  Museum , Rome , Italy...Over the past decade , the Bagdad-born architect Zaha Hadid ...she was a logical choice to take on Rome's new MAXXI Museum, which opened in May 2010 as the first public gallery in Italy devoted to comtemporary creativity. The monochrome interior walls, staircases and other elements feature Hadid's trademark fluidly and drama.
Dresden Military Museum , Dresden , Germany....Renowned architect Daniel Libeskind  , a polish architect of Jewish descent who has lived in the United States since 1959 , is no novice to military museums  (he designed the Imperial War Museum in the U.K.)Non is he a memory of loss , such as the Jewish Museum  in Berlin  and his most celebrated project , overseeing the rebuilding of the World Trade center  in New York City. The  Dresden Military Museum , expected to open later in 2010.
Tate Modern Annex , Londan , U.K. ...If gehry's Guggenheim set the standard for purpose-built museums , then the Swiss architects  Herzog & de Meuron did so for converting an existing building into one of the world's great cultural palaces. Miraculously (yet subtly) tranformed from a disused power station on the Thames, the Tate Morden is now ten years old and out-grown itself.(It receives five million visitors a year, double the initial estimate.) New exhibitions spaces and social eares are needed , so a new annex, also by Herzog & de Meuron, is currently under construction , with a deadline to open on the same  date as the 2012 London Olympic Games.
Salvador Dali Museum , St. Peterburg, Florida....veteran architect Yann Weymount of Tampa-based HOK studio, who worked alongside I.M Pei in the overhaul of the Louvre in Paris , designed the dali Museum, a huge , hurricance-proof , monolith featuring a glass sluglike element that appears to crawl through the building and around the  facade , a metaphor for Dali's signature juxaposition of the classical fantastical.
Museum Liaunig , Neuhaus , Austria....Museum  Liaunig , which open in August 2008 in southern Carinthia region of Austria, is as avant-garge as the collection of contempoary Austrian art inside. The  main body of the museum , which resembles a mammoth rectangular tube, cuts through the upper plateau of a hillside. A semi-subterranean hall opens out to the gallery, a cantilevered light box with majestic  views over this picturesgue pocket of Austria.
Museum of Liverpool, Liverpool, U.K.  The gritty city of Liverpool is about to acguire the largest , and certainly most striking , purpose built national museum in the U.K. in over a century - the high caliber creative brains behind the Muziekgebouw Concert Hall in Amsterdam - has created a bold structure that's elevated to allow the Merseyside promenade to flow through it. The building is perched on the water's edge next to The Three Graces, a trio of early 20th century  buildings. The  museum will be open to visitors in 2011.

Design Museum Holon ,Tel Aviv ,Israel ...It seems fitting that the commission of creating Holon's new Design Museum went to Ron Arad. The arcitect was born in TelAviv. and he is considered a key figure in contemporary design culture , not only in Israel  but also across the world. Displaying Arad's signature love of bold color , scuptural , curvilinear form  and technical invention , the Holon Desigh Museum has an external spiral ramp providing views over the building's  interior courtyard . Open in March 2010 , it's too early to tell if it'll make the same impact as Gehry's creation, but Arad's design is certainly the most significant of his architectural  oeuvre to date.
See you at the museums.

70 comments:

  1. Wow! I am totally impressed. Awesome! Nice going Witchy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:18:00 PM

    Thankyou...just following my mentor's lead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi PIC. How in the hell are you?
    HAVE YOU HEARD FROM LS YET?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:00:00 PM

    Hi Cutie..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy what a busy day. But it was nice and cool and comfortable..AT LAST. I love autumn. After Karate tonight we went to Walmart so the boys could buy a video game for their Wii.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:03:00 PM

    Heard from him this evening and he talked to my babies.
    Talked to Rhonda and she said when Dad seen Gil,he was like a new man and he was down because Shirley didn't have time for him.
    Gil said he will keep me posted and they should be home by the weekend...
    Jonny told him not to worry he was taking care of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:08:00 PM

    I know they was happy to get back to their routine. What games did they buy??
    How is Nana???
    How is the ROCK...still working on his to do list ??

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet your new man is your protector. Everything will go smoothly now. I wouldn't want to be in Shirley's shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The rock is snoring his head off. He had a very long day, To Do list still has a lot on it.

    Nana is okay; nagged me about global warming. Honestly PIC it's not all my fault.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The boys are so good in karate. I must make a video to show you.
    Jakey finally met the new teacher and says he's the nicest teacher he ever had.Mr Taylor is his new hero.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:14:00 PM

    Well, Nana has to have someone to blame and if she start in on Brian again , he'll just sent her to bed.remember the deck color???[giggles]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:17:00 PM

    I'm so happy Jakey likes him, it will make things so much nicer. I bet Mr. Tayor will give Jakey a lot of attention.
    I know you are proud of your babies

    ReplyDelete
  13. She hates the deck.She never goes on it anyway. Even if she liked it, she would say she hated it.

    She didn't look too well today so I made sure she had her cane so she could bang on the wall or floor if she needed to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous10:19:00 PM

    I am so happy you like my post, I wanted to do something special for my new name. do you think I need something to go with it???
    I got the idea from you about the museums ....you did the pictures of the Titanic ...I told you I watch you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. if you go to drafts you will see (untitled draft)It has a bunch of pictures you can uas for an avatar.
    I like the the green eyed kitten...the pink witches hat... and the cute little green eyed witch

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous10:25:00 PM

    My hat's off to you...it takes a special person to stay positive with the things you deal with...sweetie you are a very strong person.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The museums are great, very interesting. People love a good picture show.

    In England they just found an old movie in a dead guy's attic that he shot during the war in London. It was in color. I saw a clip...fantastic. I'm going to try and get it.


    Did you hear the scandal about John Travolta cheating? I'm looking into it.His wife is pregnant so it's a juicy story.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a few more pictures you could use for your avatar (icon)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous10:28:00 PM

    Green-eyed kitten or green-eyed witch...I am a witch ..
    Which one...DUH ???

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous10:32:00 PM

    See if you can get the film.
    JT dropped the suit about his son and I've always heard he was a cheater and if you get it do him up but good the low down shit-head.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The kitten has a witch's hat on. It's real cute, so you can be both witch and cute kitten....GO SEE

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous10:34:00 PM

    JT's wife is pregnant with twins.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The twins are boys. I hope they are both normal

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous10:42:00 PM

    Blogger is so slow...I really do love the kitty ...I also got the green eyed witch , but the kitty is so cute and a perfect match for Maxy

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think I'll change my name too

    Did Lois have any luck getting into Whazzername's website?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous10:43:00 PM

    I'm goona be the kitty...Ha !

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous10:44:00 PM

    Witchy the choochie cat. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  28. Okay I will crop the picture so it's just her head and put it back in the same post so you can copy it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous10:46:00 PM

    Lois said she tried angain and was told the blog wasn't active at that time she didn't want to delete it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous10:46:00 PM

    What name will you pick ??

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous10:48:00 PM

    I have copied the Kitty ...
    do I need to copied another one???

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'll do the kitty Picture as soon as I go off.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Anonymous10:50:00 PM

    The film they found was in the attic was in London. UK. wasn't it ??

    ReplyDelete
  34. It won't show up too well as your icon until I crop it and make it just the cat's head. Remember it's going to be very small so just the head will look better and clearer.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Then you can copy it again

    ReplyDelete
  36. Anonymous10:54:00 PM

    I will get the Kitty tomorrow.
    I had a nice time at work today, not much to do so I just surf the web.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Okay I cropped it. You can copy it now.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Anonymous11:01:00 PM

    I didn't know you had to crop the pictures, Well I will still have the whole kitty and the one tomorrow.
    The flowers I have now is the ones I used for the post I did awhile back...but I knew you was getting me an avatar but I didn't want to leave home naked.[giggles]

    ReplyDelete
  39. Anonymous11:03:00 PM

    Oskana want crazy man to give her $84,ooo for her PR expenses.
    Mel looks like a bum, he's not coloring his hair.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I just made a lovely cup of tea.I want to change my name also. What do you think would be appropriate?

    Maybe it's time to change the blog name too, to 'Bad Girls'

    ReplyDelete
  41. Anonymous11:10:00 PM

    got it and she's so cute.
    Thankyou.........

    ReplyDelete
  42. I read your Oksana post. She is going overboard now. People won't stay sympathetic if she keeps pushing the envelope.
    We all felt sorry for her until she started demanding money.
    I don't think she tried to blackmail him with the recordings though.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Anonymous11:12:00 PM

    I think it's time to change the blogs name , that name sounds good.
    Your name...you need something sexy

    ReplyDelete
  44. Anonymous11:14:00 PM

    You have the know how and control so do as you please, just make sure I can find you.[giggles]

    ReplyDelete
  45. You put a lot of work into the museum piece. I know how long it takes to put it together. It's really good.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Anonymous11:19:00 PM

    Oksana have to remeber how she got him...a man you will remember/talk about for a while...but a woman you will remember/talk about forever.
    There's a lot of women out there like you and I and we don't take kindly to home-wreckers.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I never thought of that.I may lose us in cyber space.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Anonymous11:23:00 PM

    I got it last night and set everything up and posted it when I got home, I didn't have to cook Siss is with me until Gil/Dad get back.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Anonymous11:25:00 PM

    I need your help and thoughts on something...it has me puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I thought you would get good at this in time. It's great to see. I will get the Geek Association to send you a Geek badge. You now belong to the organization.
    Excuse me for a sec. I have to poke my head in Nana's room and let MAx out.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Anonymous11:30:00 PM

    It can still be FTBB ...just change the heading.
    You know D*** blog is dojodabbles, but she change her heading to Welcome TO DC's World...but you still had to use dojodabbles.
    Just try changing the header.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Anonymous11:32:00 PM

    Lacey had her's as Laceyliana.blogspot but she changed her header to A crazy Thing Called David Caruso.
    They just changed the header's name.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Anonymous11:38:00 PM

    I like 'BAD GIRLS' you change the header on SH's on the header just put the name you want and slap it on and they will still find us by using FTBB.

    ReplyDelete
  54. That dog is so stupid. A bat or something flew overhead and he ran back in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I wanted a name like Darkness or Dusk but the icon would just be a black square, so I have to work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  56. That's exactly what I thought. They would find us the same way. The only thing that made me pause was that we are getting fairly well known by our name and I didn't want to destroy that.

    ReplyDelete
  57. The twins are already getting excited about their Halloween costumes .I bet Jonny is going to have a ball picking a costume.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Anonymous11:47:00 PM

    Well just change out the header to a new one like you did on SH's , you can still have FTBB with a different look, I will srill have my green eyes on my kitty..

    ReplyDelete
  59. Anonymous11:50:00 PM

    I don't know how to do it but you can play with it til you get it the way you want it .
    Maybe FTBB in small letters like you had on SH's celebrity spanking and BAD GIRLS in large letters..play with the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  60. I have to be up early tomorrow. The utilities people are coming to do some work at eight. So I will have to sign off early tonight.

    Sam said he wanted to be a giant soccer ball. Now how am I supposed to make a costume like that. At times like this it would be great to have you close by to go to for help.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Anonymous11:56:00 PM

    They are excited and Jonny have never had a costume just his mama's clothes and the girls are getting excited about helping him pick one out and telling him about all the candy.
    Are you making the twins coatumes this year. I ain't making shit, all they do is work my ass off.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Anonymous12:00:00 AM

    Take a large box and padded it with paper to make it round...tape and glue and find some fabric to cover it with and a marker to draw the outlines of the ball...EASY

    ReplyDelete
  63. Anonymous12:01:00 AM

    Leave it open at top and bottom and cut holes for the arms.
    Now I guess I will make their's.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Anonymous12:02:00 AM

    I will say goodnight so you can be up early for the workers.

    ReplyDelete
  65. You are opening up whole new worlds for Jonny. You will enjoy it so much.I guess Gilly will be dressed up too. That will be so cute. They have gorgous costumes for babies.
    Well Sweetie I'm shutting down for now and I'll see you around the old blog tomorrow.Our anniversary is coming up.I'll make something special. Goodnight for now and don't let those kids work your ass off.....Luv and hugs PIC

    ReplyDelete
  66. Anonymous12:07:00 AM

    Sweetie all good things must come to an end but there's always tomorrow.
    Thankyou again for my kitty.
    I have something to ask you tomorrow about what you think about something...it's nothing bad are anything I'm worried about.

    GOODNITE...HUGS & KISSES...WITCHY
    KISS THE "ROCK.'

    ReplyDelete
  67. Thankyou for the advice on the costume. I may use your ideas. If I do I will take a picture of it to show you.Night Toots.

    ReplyDelete
  68. I will be glad to help you Sweetie.Until tomorrow bye

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs