Thursday, June 02, 2016

Prince died from overdose of fentanyl

Prince performs in the UK. Photo: July 2011

Prince died from an accidental overdose of the painkiller fentanyl, medical examiners have found. The report, from Midwest Medical Examiner's Office in Minnesota, comes more than a month after the singer was found slumped in an elevator at his home.
Detectives questioned the doctor who saw the 57-year-old twice in the weeks before he died. Prescription painkillers were in the singer's possession following his death, officials told US media in May.
A police warrant has also revealed that Dr Michael Schulenberg prescribed medication to the singer on 20 April - the day before he died. The warrant does not say what was prescribed or whether Prince took the drugs.
According to the autopsy report, Prince self-administered fentanyl, an opioid many times more powerful than heroin. He was found unresponsive in the elevator of his Paisley Park Studios on the morning of 21 April. First responders tried to revive him with CPR but he was pronounced dead shortly afterwards.  Prince's sudden death shocked people around the world .

Artists from around the world and Prince's numerous fans paid tributes to the star.

Prince was cremated in a private ceremony on 24 April. The singer's family are understood to be planning to stage a public memorial in August. He was a prolific writer and performer from a young age, reportedly writing his first song when he was seven.
A singer, songwriter, arranger and multi-instrumentalist, Prince recorded more than 30 albums. His best known hits include Let's Go Crazy and When Doves Cry.


  1. Got your letter. Computer all sorted out. Have a nice weekend old girl. Your daughter is now a woman. You must feel really old...hahahaha!
    Love ya'


Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs