Monday, March 21, 2016

The Roving Reporter :Former Toronto Mayor Rob Ford not responding to chemotherapy

City Councilor Rob Ford is photographed during his tenure as mayor Feb. 15, 2013. Photo by ValeStock/Shutterstock.com

Former Toronto mayor Rob Ford's chief of staff Dan Jacobs announced that Ford's cancer was not responding to chemotherapy treatments. Doctors said he was too weak to attempt the next phase of treatment, but hoped he would feel well enough to try a second drug cocktail soon. Ford's family stayed with him overnight as remained unresponsive while he slept.


TORONTO, March 19 (UPI) -- Former Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is not responding to his chemotherapy treatments, his chief of staff, Dan Jacobs, said.
Jacobs told the CBC Ford, 46, is not healthy enough to undergo the next phase of treatment, but doctors hope he will soon improve enough to try another round of medication.
"The tumor was not responding so they didn't administer the last treatment," Jacobs wrote in an email to USA Today. "Doctors decided to let him build up his strength while they decided the next course of treatment."
Jacobs added that Ford, now a Toronto city councillor, was sleeping, but unresponsive as family members spent the night with him at the hospital.
Ford was forced to withdraw from the Mayoral race in 2014 after being diagnosed with a form of cancer known as liposarcoma, which aggressively grows in fat cells. He had the tumors removed in 2015, but was later hospitalized again with two tumors on his bladder.
He gained notoriety in Nov. 2013, when he admitted to smoking crack after a video appeared to show him using a crack pipe. He also raised a few eyebrows inviting the public to a bachelor party for his niece's fiancé in 2015.
Former mayor and political rival David Miller sent condolences to Ford and his family while speaking to CP24.
"Everybody's thoughts are with Councillor Ford. I have given my thoughts directly to him and his family," he said. "I particularly feel for his wife and kids. I just hope everybody is thinking of them and of his health."



Stay tuned for updates as they become available .

The Roving Reporter              G .

2 comments:

  1. He may be a big goof, but from what I have heard, he has suffered agonies this past year. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. He has always been positive and cheerful and given a thumbs up when seen in public. I hope he hasn't reached the end of the line.
    Thank you for the article. I will watch the headlines for more info.
    love and hugs
    Bfly

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has my prayers , as I told Nee he knew he was ill , maybe that why he acted up .You are welcome my dear lady .
    Now I am off th post about trump and his wife .
    Gil and Nee has gone out, Gil always loved to take Nee out and show her off .I love taking care of my grands , they are in bed now .
    Hugs and love
    HB

    Hold onto your chair , this one is going to throw you for a loop
    {laughing my butt off}

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs