Sunday, March 23, 2014

I Kept My Promise



Clearing in the woods
 I Kept My Promise

I welcome the embrace of the cool, emerald green.
Rustling trees surround me with lacy ferns between,
And mossy stones enclose the glade in the woodland ravine,
Where yellow blossoms nod their heads, so gentle, so serene.

 I knew I'd sense your presence; your love was always strong.
You've been waiting for me here and the winter was so long.
Now, rest among the flowers in the sunshine and birdsong.
This enchanted, gilded circle is just where you belong.

 The day is warm and tranquil; I'll spend it here with you,
And contemplate the artistry of the sky's cerulean blue,
Watch sunlight on the petals make jewels of morning dew,
 And on the rainbow wings of dragonflies, darting into view.

 We'll discuss philosophy; your wisdom was so true.
I'll ask you why you went away, you left us all too soon.
You had a vital spirit, and still had life, unlived.
So many words were left unsaid and you had so much more to give.

 I see the sun is waning, I must say adieu.
The peaceful green has cast it's spell and I am renewed.
I have kept my promise to you, to come here and commune.
Each spring, I shall remember you when the daffodils bloom.


 From the Genie ...to her father

4 comments:

  1. Jeannie,
    “Some people don't understand the promises they're making when they make them ." But you keep the promise anyway. That's what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyway.”
    “I feel keeping a promise to someone is a direct reflection of the love you have for yourself. I used to make promises to others and find them easy to break. Today, I love myself enough to not only make a promise to them, but I love myself enough to keep that promise”
    “Keep all your promises, don't take what doesn't belong to you, and always look after those less fortunate than yourself, and you'll do well in the world.”
    I also think you should share your poems with others as I do mine , here's a couple of sites you should look into . Your work is to wonderful to keep hidden away .

    Free Poetry Site - Writers Network.com www.writers-network.com/site/poetry/poetry-site -

    Similar to Free Poetry Site - Writers-Network.com
    It's free to join and includes your own personal poetry site where you can publish ... features such as a personal blog, guest book, photo upload, and more.

    The Poet Sanctuary: Post Poetry - Poetry Forum - Poetry Community
    www.thepoetsanctuary.net/
    Free poetry forum where poets may post and share their poetry for reviews. Also offers poetry workshop and poetry contest.

    I will ask Baby to give them to you so you can go straight to them . I will also let you read my promise to my mom if you like to read it .

    Your humble friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Humble,
    Thank you for the websites. I shall visit them all. And I thank you for all your encouragement. I am happy you liked my poem. I would so enjoy reading your tribute to your mom.

    My Dad taught me...never give your word or make a promise unless you intend to keep it. I have always followed his teaching. I think when you keep a promise, you respect yourself and respect the recipient of the promise.
    I don't believe I have ever taken something that didn't belong to me or wasn't freely given to me. But I agree it is one of the golden rules to live by.
    Taking care of others has basically been the story of my life. Unfortunately, my health is depleted now, but I haven't given up...Bulldog Breed and all that.
    I was delighted to hear you write poetry also. I would love to read some of it. I have experimented with the abstract but my stuff always seems to be anecdotal...Mostly ballads or in ancient sonnet style.

    Again, thank you for your encouragement and praise,
    Much appreciated,
    Grateful friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. PIC ... I have posted the poem on Wag ... I will be available Tuesday .
    Luv PIC

    ReplyDelete
  4. JEANNIE,

    I know you would want to know they found the plane , I have put it On WAG

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs