Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Why I Used to like Red Headed Men,OR:Why Life is full of WTF Moments-3

I think I've made it abundantly clear that I used to like red headed men.There are certainly a nice selection of them to salivate over.
There have been many famous red headed men throughout history:Richard the Lion Heart,Winston Churchill,Thomas Jefferson,Napoleon,just to name a few.
How did they get their reputation for fiery tempers?Probably from the Scots,who are predominantly red haired and historically known to be very fierce and violent warriors,descended from the Celts,who were even more fierce.They are also rumored to be more passionate in bed.
Red heads got a pretty bad rap in ancient times.In Egypt,although many of their pharaohs were red heads,the superstition persisted,that red heads were evil,so, to prevent their propagation,red haired girls were frequently burned alive.
Ancient Greeks thought they turned into vampires when they died.
During the Spanish Inquisition,it was believed that flame haired people had stolen the fire from hell and had to be burned as witches.Even today,in Corsica,when you pass a red head you're supposed to turn completely around and spit,to ward off...whatever.
Now,we know they are an endangered species.Fewer red heads are being born with each generation.So enjoy them while you can.
I was sorely tempted,only once.I had married a second time,very happily so.My husband was not a red head but he was my soul mate.We lived in a lovely little town on the banks of Lake Ontario in a pretty house right on the lake shore.
The manager of the local supermarket was a stunningly,handsome red haired man.He became infatuated with me.In fact,he became so enamoured that he gave me a rose,whenever I came into the store and often gave me fresh fruit,even boxes of candy.His eyes followed me wherever I went in the store.I was flattered and amused and mentioned it to my husband,not a good idea.
We were at the local mall one weekend,when this young man came up to us and said to my husband,"You have a beautiful wife."Whereupon Brian did something completely out of character.He chased the poor man all the way down the mall,hitting him over the head with a rolled up magazine.The kids and I were shocked and appalled.Brian was lucky the man did not press charges.
I have to admit though,there were a few times when I looked at those gorgeous blue eyes and thought,"If I were a free woman...."
I kept my fantasies confined to celebrity red heads,actors and musicians.Over the years there were many I admired.I never went to fan boards,full of PR bullshit.I looked up their real biographies and news articles.Many of them were bad boys.I liked them anyway,except for one.
One particular red head gave them all a bad name.He was an arrogant,puffed up little fart,full of his own importance and consequence.He had treated his,then,partner,appallingly badly and had a terrible track record with women.He could not stay faithful to any of them.To quote an article,he was,"relationship challenged."Other actors hated working with him.He was moody and rude and insisted on his own way.As an actor he was a hack,a very poor excuse for a thespian.He thought he was leading man material and walked out on his TV series and all the people who counted on him, to become a huge movie star.His career promptly fell into the toilet,which proves the proverb,"Pride goeth before a fall."In Hollywood parlance,a bad career move is now known as,"Doing a Caruso."
I'm not as fascinated as I once was with red heads,but the next time I need a hero,or a guardian angel,and I'm sure I will,I can't help but wonder,what color his hair will be.

56 comments:

  1. Oh Jeannie, you once again outdid yourself... Great article. I love it when you write.
    Needless to say I also LOVE the second part of your article. I MIGHT STEAL IT....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:50:00 AM

    Read your story of the redheads...it is wonderful...
    Robert Redford,always thought he was hot...still do...
    Jeannie you know the old saying,ome bad "APPLE"an spoil the barrel....we won't let one little redheaded fart spoil our love of redheads...we will just keep bashing old Dave.s ass.
    Oh yeah...way to go Brian...I would love to have been there and seen that man run (GIGGLES)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was the only time Brian ever showed jealousy.It burst out of him,and took him by surprise as much as it did us.He has never showed jealousy since,except when I'm on the computer too long.

    I don't believe in red haired guardian angels any more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeannie, as far as I can see you are never oin the computer too long. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:28:00 PM

    (GIGGLES) I think jealousy is a man's second nature...some can hide it better than others,it's there...we like it...why you think Brian like to play grab his stuff.
    I find you to be a free spirit like myself...humor/fun alot of love for family/friends...thats what make life worth while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:42:00 PM

    "COLOR of HAIR"
    Jeannie...remember you told me about your hero...get up, take a look at Brian's hair....their's your hair color..Brian will always be your "HERO/ROCK to lean on.
    The bad lady have been very helpiful to us,she is wirking her butt off,she has a lot of keen ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vix I'll bet you take that computer to bed with you.If you could be online 24hrs a day,you probably would.

    On your deathbed you'll be online.Your last request will be to have your lappy buried with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right Nee,My heroes now,have black hair with a lot of grey in it.Actually my hero has a big bald spot.

    Neither one of us has much to be jealous of any more,and that's kind of comfortable.All those strong emotions take too much energy.I'll leave that to you hot blooded southerners.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:41:00 PM

    Jeannie,is the weather getting any better? Hope so..

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were very smart Nee,the way you handled the BL.Now she'll work her butte off for you.It's a great cause too.I'll tell Shayne about what you're doing on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:44:00 PM

    I am learning to calm down a little....My man hais is salt/pepper..he says in a couple of years I have him white like dad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous5:46:00 PM

    She realize none of us was a boss,just bored women wanting to enjoy our selves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything is melting today(love that global warming)tomorrow,north winds coming in.Everything will freeze again.Our winters are usually quite mild.
    This one is a really bad one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope the BL learned her lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jeannie - how come you know me so good? It is frightening.
    Yup, i wrote on my lappy when I am in bed .
    Yup, I want to be buried with my lappy.
    Sorry ladies, but I officially have been credited with this blog. The crusading crazy one thinks it is my blog.
    Sorry Cupcake. I hope you don't take it too hard. We all know you are the heart and soul of this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous5:49:00 PM

    Gil told us we was going to jail..we buy a paper from the box,just to get it open to put a flyer in each paper...hahahahaat least we put the monry in,leave the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jeremy(he's the pro poker player)came here to study for his mid terms today.He has three roommates who make a lot of noise.He couldn't study there.He's a real sweetie.I think you'd like Jeremy the best.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous5:54:00 PM

    Vix...I don't think Jeannie/I care what they think,Lacy posted on Keyser's saying she wanted to kiss and make up to you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That was a good idea,Nee.To put one in the paper box.I wish I had thought of it.American ingenuity.

    Yes,I notice if you go on the internet and type in FTBB.The only references tha come up are David Caruso.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous5:56:00 PM

    Vix...sweetwhy are you telling me ,you are the one that invented Jeannie/me....I like what you told her about "DODO" and her clan.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Did Lacey really say that ,Nee?

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Dodo was a very large and extremely ugly bird.It is now extinct.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Okay. It was not lacy...it was that crusader joke. I just thought thatt if you are stumble across the post that says Vixen set up Fun to Bad it was not my doing. i don't like to take credit for things I have not being doing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wrong Jeannie...is has been REBORN...in dojo....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous6:01:00 PM

    They are a bunch of dumb asses..
    We don't have to explain shit to them...the stupid fucks...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes,Dodo and her flock of loons are carrying on the proud heritage.
    Another interesting fact about the dodo was that it was very stupid.
    It's a scientific fact.That's why if you call someone a dodo you are insulting their intelligence.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you Jeannie. I knew there was a deeper meaning behind Keyser calling dojo dodo....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  28. Keyser is a man of many layers.

    Keyser is the imaginary character in the mind of a ficticious character in a work of fiction.
    I'm sure he appreciates that.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous6:09:00 PM

    Vix I think I know you better yhan that...sorry thought it was Lacy...That Red Knight Bitch better watch her step...she jumped on dodo wagon and want to look good,the purpose is for us to visit and have fun....Maybe Vix you will start another blog with ...make them men.

    ReplyDelete
  30. We could always start over under a different name,different format and they would never find us unless we mentioned david Caruso.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yup, that he is. And not only that : in 2006 a man from Bosten used Keyser as a screenname to do research on how to kill someone with anti-freeze.

    The Red Knight thing is really boring. She rambles on and on about things she allegedly has found out about the stalker - but never delivers.

    Well, it is time that I come up with a new alias, don't you think? Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm sure that prospective murderer had nothing to do with our Keyser.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I just found out that Brian reads our blog at work in his office,when he has a spare moment or two.He likes my writing.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Anonymous6:17:00 PM

    They never come here...they know everything we say and do..made a whole post out some damn tamales.I lived in L.A. awhile...couldn't find grits...it's a breakfast food.

    ReplyDelete
  35. know. I saw it on Dateline and the name immediately rang a bell with me. He killed his wife in January 2007 and is currently serving a life-without-paroloe sentence

    ReplyDelete
  36. I noticed that. Jannie, he has a automobile store, right?

    ReplyDelete
  37. Yes lets create a new character,and make her so realistic they believe she is real.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Anonymous6:22:00 PM

    Oh Lordy...I better watch what I say...I think Gil do also..sometime he refers to things.hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  39. Any screennames you can ladies can think of?

    ReplyDelete
  40. We could call her Dove.She would fit right in with the dodos.
    She has very strong opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  41. How about Resyek(Keyser backwards)?

    ReplyDelete
  42. Dove is nice but a tad too inconspicuous.
    Warrior Queen
    Baja Banshee
    would be mine

    ReplyDelete
  43. Anonymous6:27:00 PM

    Leave me be...I like my horny/nasty talking free spirit ass...so there.(GIGGLES)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Nexi.V(Vixen backwards)

    ReplyDelete
  45. All those fighting names they would recognize you right away Vix

    ReplyDelete
  46. Anonymous6:30:00 PM

    I like "RESYEK"/BAJA BANSAHEE"

    ReplyDelete
  47. Anonymous6:32:00 PM

    Where are you from?The east coast.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Right. I like Nexi V. Sounds spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  49. We want to sneak under their radar,be someone totally different.
    I think I'll be Renoir..a man.
    I'll leave some comments tomorrow.
    If they catch on,it means they read our comments.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Anonymous6:40:00 PM

    I will be back later...got to feed my brood...later

    ReplyDelete
  51. They do. They even critcized that we criticized the mother of the octuplets. Big deal, almost everyone does.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Well if they do then we've already blown our cover...HA!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Anonymous6:44:00 PM

    They are reg us now...I really think they are tuned in...what my name and who am I ...will get my answer when I get back.

    ReplyDelete
  54. They like to lurk...their lives must be really boring...LOL...dodo and her minions....

    ReplyDelete
  55. Names for Nee:
    Lovechild
    Frolic
    Bambi
    Wildchild
    Free Spirit
    Danglelover
    Choochie Express
    Asskicker

    ReplyDelete
  56. That is a list of nice names.

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs