Monday, March 02, 2015

Man has epileptic seizure skydiving at 9000 feet





CHRISTOPHER JONES REMEMBERS SCARIEST RIDE OF HIS LIFE

"Possibly the scariest moment of my life. On the 14th of November 2014 while doing stage five of my Accelerated Free Fall program I have a near death experience. At around 9000ft I have a seizure while attempting a left hand turn. I then spend the next 30 seconds in free fall unconscious. Thankfully my jumpmaster manages to pull my ripcord at around 4000ft. I become conscious at 3000 ft and land safely back to the ground."
A quick-thinking skydiving instructor in Western Australia came to the rescue when his student had an epileptic seizure during a jump. Christopher Jones had an epileptic seizure while free-falling at 9,000ft (2,743m). As soon as he came to he "knew something had gone wrong".
Fortunately instructor Sheldon MacFarlane was able to pull his parachute for him and both men landed safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs