Sunday, July 27, 2014

Maxy's Gone....And his Family is Broken Hearted



 Our precious Maxy passed away on Friday. He died while my daughter and I held him at the animal hospital. He was a victim of someone's carelessness. They left out some poisoned bait meant for rodents , we assume, and Maxy ingested some. He had an agonizing death that has traumatized us all. And all we could do was stand helplessly by and watch him suffer.
 
Please, Please don't use poisons on or around your property for any reason at any time. It is a risk to so many innocent little lives and the dying process is horrible. Maxy bled internally  and then his eyes and ears hemorrhaged and he vomited blood. We could not bear to watch him suffer any longer and asked the vet to euthanize him. She thinks it was Warfarin (rat poison) or possibly strychnine.

He was a wonderful little guy with lots of personality and a member of our family. He was beloved in our neighborhood and our friends and neighbors are upset and angry and have sworn to find the culprit. He will be so missed by so many, but he will always be in our hearts and will always be the 'Dog on the Blog'.


Very sad Genie

4 comments:

  1. Dear Jeannie
    I am really sorry for your loss. Maxy was so beautiful and sweet. Losing your pet happened to quickly. I know how much he meant to you especially when Maxy ate the rabbit poop and hid from you at bath time or hid behind the commode when the thunder rolled . I will miss your beautiful dog. He will be missed.

    Maxy will always be the 'Dog on the Blog'

    Much love,
    NEE and the Carano Family

    PS : I do so hope we continue to have Ask Maxy in his memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PIC ,
    I put this post on WB ... SHs ... Maxy ... just a small tribute to our Maxy .

    Goodnight my friend
    Luv PIC

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear Lady ,

    Best friends come in all breeds. Maxy was
    such a special dog. May you always remember
    the fond memories and keep them forever close in your heart.

    Those we love don't go away,
    They walk beside us every day,
    Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear.

    With Deepest Sympathy
    HB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much for your sentiments and sympathy.
    Maxy left a big hole in our lives. He saved Brian's life by making him walk every day after his heart attack...and this year, he saved my life. While I've been ill, he has been my constant companion and has kept me from feeling sorry for myself.
    So you see, he is irreplaceable.

    'Ask Maxy' will be a fitting memorial to him.

    We appreciate your kindness
    Much love to you all

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs