Sunday, March 31, 2013

Ascent

 

What am I seeking? I'm not sure I know, when I fly to the stars and leave my self far below;

When I soar across oceans and dance over rooftops in the opal moon's glow.

Am I delving the mystery of why we are here or if we're alone in the vastness of space?

Am I cruising the heavens to find how it began and how we arrived in this celestial place?

Or do I fly for the sheer exhilaration, the joy, the absolute freedom, the wonderous sensation?

It's timeless, ethereal, my astral projection; a gossamer thread is my only protection.

As I transcend the earth and embrace the deep night, I am ever aware of the tenuous connection.

The winds blow through me, insubstantial am I, vaporous and airy, sublimely I fly.

I am freed, for a time, from all earthly cares. I belong to the cosmos only dreamers may share.

At times I encounter a wraith like myself and we drift together like leaves on the breeze.

Over rivers and mountains, valleys and plains, the sky is a realm without boundaries.

We commune without words, we float where we may till the magic of the night draws me away.

The midnight canopy is studded with stars. I am humbled and awed as I journey afar.

Wherever it takes me, I cannot deny, it's a gift beyond price, a portal in the sky.

An explorer am I of a dimension unknown; fellow wanderers follow the path I have flown.

We are adventurers on a mysterious quest, searching for answers until we may rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs