Thursday, August 16, 2018

Motivational Speech By Navy Seal Admiral William H. McRaven ...and a letter expressing great disappointment

 


Revoke my security clearance, too, Mr. President

William H. McRaven, a retired Navy admiral, was commander of the U.S. Joint Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014. He oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan that killed al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.
He writes to his president with great disappointment and loyalty to a great American.
 
Dear Mr. President:
Former CIA director John Brennan, whose security clearance you revoked on Wednesday, is one of the finest public servants I have ever known. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him.
Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.
Like most Americans, I had hoped that when you became president, you would rise to the occasion and become the leader this great nation needs.
A good leader tries to embody the best qualities of his or her organization. A good leader sets the example for others to follow. A good leader always puts the welfare of others before himself or herself.  
Your leadership, however, has shown little of these qualities. Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation.
If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be.

 Perhaps he could have added, "Or until a better leader takes your place."






3 comments:

  1. Howdy sweetie,
    What a wonderful speaker and he hit old Orange Monkey in the right place ...I had to read / so I can it twice so I could really understand his message , he came through loud and clear.Gil / I just got back in town we had to go to Florida to take care of some business with one of the properties , the kids didn't post they don't have my password .we will be back in full force . I am going to lay down now and get some rest , I will send you a note soon .
    Love you girl
    Witchy

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO LUV
    GLAD YOU ARE HOME SAFE. HOPE YOU HAD FUN. GO TO WAG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy sweetie ... glad to be home
      Go to WAG

      Delete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs