Saturday, August 19, 2017

White House Forced To Admit To Multiple Trump Lies

The President of the United States of America is a pathological liar.

The White House was forced to essentially admit that at least three of Trump’s recent statements were lies:

I consulted with generals before issues transgender military ban on Twitter.

A boy scout official called me and told me my speech was the greatest ever.

The Mexican president called me and said I’m doing a great job on immigration.

Each one of these statements has been shown to be totally and demonstrably false. The Pentagon said we don’t know of any generals that were consulted, the boy scouts said no one called Trump and told him that his speech was great and Mexico said their president didn’t speak to Trump on the phone or tell him that he’s doing a great job of anything.

Asked directly if Trump’s boy scouts claim was a lie, she said, “I wouldn’t say it was a lie. That’s a pretty bold accusation. The conversations took place, they just simply didn’t take place over a phone call … he had them in person.”

It was a similar story with the claim about Mexico’s president calling Trump to tell him how great he’s doing. Sanders said Trump had been “referencing a conversation that they had had at the G-20 summit.”

The argument here is that both times Trump alleged phone calls took place, the sentiment was accurate but the conversations were not on the phone.

So in order to believe that Trump wasn’t lying, and simply fabricating stories, you’d have to believe that Trump is incapable of distinguishing between conversations he’s had in-person and conversations he’s had over the phone.

In other words, either Donald Trump is a liar or a crazy person.

If you believe that the president is competent lucid and generally with it, saying he doesn’t know the difference between in person and on the phone isn’t a good defense.

But besides their falsity, another factor that each of these statements, particular the latter two, have in common is their triviality. Trump lies so often and so casually about everything and anything that it really is pathological. He lies for the sake of lying. It’s part of his character. He’s a fraud, a phony, a faker. Comments like these can only be the result of a volatile mix of hubris, delusion and petty narcissism.


The most disturbing part of all of this may be the fact that many of us are becoming desensitized to doublespeak and blatant misinformation coming out of the White House on a regular basis.

2 comments:

  1. It's true PIC
    You are all getting used to Trump's lies. When lies become so common place from your leader that no one objects any more, I think it's time to be very afraid. How can you trust anything the guy says. The president should be above reproach.
    I so hope you are continuing to get strong and well. The world is a much better place with you in it. My body continues to break down. I have to get my liver tested and scanned now and I am fighting off another urinary infection. But I think my spirit is still strong. I am not ready to go yet.
    Write to me any time you feel like it on the private blog or email. I do check my emails because family and friends get pissed off when I forget. I forget most things now. My brain has become full of holes. The day I leave the house without my pants on I will shoot myself.
    When the construction is completed on my house, I will be able to write to you more. Take care of yourself my dear and be a good little Witchy.
    Love Jeannie
    I think of you often with love and concern

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are very afraid of what tRUMP might do , he don't have to worry about his family they have bunkers they can go to and be safe .You are right about trump and I don't understand why his loonies are still following him . they are dropping by the way side , I will post about what sentor Bannon has to say when I leave here .
    I am back on my feet and rearing to go , I went to HR last week , I am training 9 new dealers that's transferring here .
    Do you drink lots of water ? When I got home my doctor told me not to drink tea /sodas/coffee for about 2 weeks .

    Your spirit is still strong , you have had 15 or more years taking care of Nana , now you can think of taking care of yourself and getting more rest

    I will write you more and call you also , we don't have to stay on the phone that long , 15/20 minutes will be fine and I know that won't tire you out .
    I know Dad can talk on the phone a long time and he gets tired Hahahaha.



    Sha / Jenny wrote you this evening and I wrote you too .
    Hearing from you made me f eel so much better , it seem like something was missing now I have it back . 'THANKS'
    I think of you often and you should know I love you
    Love NEE

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs