Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Top 10 Reasons Men Won't Get Married

Young men want to get married. They really do. They want a wife, children and the house with the picket fence. They just don't want it right now. Instead, men ages 25 to 33 prefer to have fun, unencumbered by commitment and responsibility.

That's the word from a new study called "The State of Our Unions" that concludes, young, educated, professional men don't want to commit to marriage. They place great value in the institution of marriage, but the single life beckons. Since today's men--unlike their fathers and grandfathers--don't have pressure from church, employers or society to get married, they aren't. The thinking used to be that marriage and childen were a large part of a man's success and proof of his stability, not to mention manhood. Employers practically insisted on marital bliss and a raft of kids. That kind of employee was dependable.There was also a lot of peer pressure and endless clamoring from family to start producing offspring. Marriage was a foregone conclusion.

Society has done a 180 turn about. There is no pressure now. Even a child born out of wedlock is not enough impetus to marry. Men are accepted on their own merit, without proving they are good family men. They often opt for further or post grad education. Many wish to travel, see the world, or at least experience life, until they decide if marriage is even right for them.

The researchers interviewed 60 heterosexual men in Chicago, parts of New Jersey, Washington, D.C. and Houston. For the most part they were employed full-time and earned between $21,000 to $35,000 annually. Most had either attended some college or graduated. None of them were married, although three of the men were fathers.

The top 10 reasons young men don't want to get married now:

1. They can have casual sex without marriage, something that is far more common today and accepted than in generations past.

2. By living with a girlfriend, they can enjoy all the benefits of a wife without having to say, "I do." This is a no-risk way to test the idea of marriage.

3. Men want to avoid the financial risks of divorce. What better way to do that than to not get married in the first place?

4. Since they don't have to worry about their biological clocks, men say they want to wait until they are older to have children. They really do not want to be pressured into marriage by a woman whose primary goal is to have kids.

5. Their greatest fear is that marriage will require too many changes, compromises and responsibilities. After all, it's a lot more fun to play poker with the boys all night long.

6. Men are romantics at heart. They believe in a soul mate, and they're willing to wait for her. What is a soul mate? Men define her as someone who accepts them just the way they are and does not want to change them. These men don't want to settle for second-best.

7. There are very few social pressures to marry. While their dads were pressured by religion, employers or society to settle down and say "I do," men today are free from that.
8. Men are reluctant to marry a woman who already has children, primarily to avoid competition and conflict with the children's biological father.

9. They want to become a homeowner before they become a husband. Being established financially is an important goal many men want to achieve before they marry.

10. Men want to enjoy the single life as long as possible, especially as they become accustomed to having their own space and routines and not being responsible to anyone else.

56 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:01:00 PM

    [giggles] I wonder if my man in that study,because he was sure older when we got married.hahaha
    Maybe I just "VOODOO" him with the choochie.hahaha
    Hi PIC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's still so mezmerized by the choochie he hasn't realized he got married.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the eyes at the top of the page.Can you guess who they belong to??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:42:00 PM

    Me the choochie cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mean the ones at the top of the bachelor post.

    I'm sorry I lost our cinnection for a moment and I had to boot up again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every once in a while the computer does something weird that I don't understand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:46:00 PM

    No who's eyes. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. A few people have teased me about the names I chose for my barbecue sauces.I don't want to change them though.So there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny girl,I'll give you a clue.His last name begins with B.
    Want another cue?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:49:00 PM

    All Pc's are weird to me.
    I have a post in draft about Jon and Kate,please post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clue 2. He once played a kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11:51:00 PM

    You are rich and were willing to share it all with her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clue3. His first name begins with A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous11:54:00 PM

    I don't have a clue.
    I like the names you give your sauces,it makes them take a second look.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clue 4. He's Spanish

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous11:55:00 PM

    Allen Black...oh shit I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Clue 5. He's married to an older blonde lady named Melanie G.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous11:57:00 PM

    can't spell it ,he married Melanine Griffen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous11:58:00 PM

    She is Don Johnson's ex. now he's hot

    ReplyDelete
  20. Antonio Banderas.I'm sure you would have gotten it.You're so fuckin impatient.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous12:00:00 AM

    His eyes is almost as sexy as Cupcake's, of couuse you know that,you made her.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You think Don Johnson is hot??Hotter than Antonio??

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous12:02:00 AM

    [giggles] You know me so well.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Melanie is not so much.How did she get two such hotties.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous12:04:00 AM

    No Don is a weiner like DC. Antonio is a hot fucker,I wonder what he has under his hood.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Antonio is my cup of tea.I'd share him with you .I'm not possessive with my toy boys.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous12:08:00 AM

    Don was doing Miami Vice when Melanie made a movie with Antonio,I will never know how she did it.Don almost went crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous12:10:00 AM

    O.k. you don't tell I won't tell.He do stand up straight.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Spanish men really are good lovers.Italians too.That hot Mediterranean sun.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Maybe it's all the starchy food they eat.It puts a little starch in the...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous12:15:00 AM

    We have never heard bad things about any of our bad boys..just that they like sea/liquor and some like drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anonymous12:19:00 AM

    Hahaha You are being bad, I have heard that also. They say all men are better lovers than American men.They just want to be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I wonder if that's true about American men

    ReplyDelete
  34. Anonymous12:26:00 AM

    I also think older men make better lovers..I haven't been with a lot of men, a lot of time I wished my ex would just hurry and finish..
    when this one turn me lose ,boy I knew I had been poked real good.I put it on his long ass ,he has hands like an octopup.hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  35. I had a nice visit with J today while the twins went to dinner with Bio. We went out for coffee and salad at a little cafe almost across the street from her house.We laughed so much.Pete joined us abit later and had some laughs. he is digging our humor now.When they first dated, he did not get our humor at all.

    His back is much better.He was a lucky man.If he had fallen on something he would have broken his back.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Anonymous12:29:00 AM

    I think most men try to please their women,as you know there are different strokes for different folks..

    ReplyDelete
  37. Honey,older men want to give you pleasure.The young ones are selfish.Older ones are patient too .They will wait for you to catch up to them.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Brian will pace himself.he's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Brian will pace himself.he's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Anonymous12:35:00 AM

    Good for P.. I know you enjoyed J..I wish they lived closer..P..has learned humor makes the worl go round and life worth living.
    Bio is an ass-hole..where was he when they needed their nose wiped/diapers changed.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Anonymous12:38:00 AM

    I am going to enjoy for many years to come..I have learned so much from my mentors,they say the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Pete did all the dirty jobs for the twins and he still does all the hard work,like gettingup at 6 in the morning to take Sam to hockey.
    He took Jake to hospital in Toronto today.Bio is never around unless they are going out for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I wish Bio.Would get a sudden urge to go back to Ireland for keeps.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Anonymous12:42:00 AM

    Speaking of sauce names ,that was a good name, we have a few names here too...
    Sis called Emily and told her you had a sauce so good it "WOULD MAKE YOU SLAP YOUR MAMA"...She made it and boy it's good.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'm so glad the sauce worked for you.Lately I am crazy for hot sauce.I like it on almost anything.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Anonymous12:47:00 AM

    As soon as the twins see thru him,he will be gone. They will never leave their mom. He don't know how to be a dad.

    ReplyDelete
  47. The one I'm using is cayenne peppers.There's a hotter one.I'm not sure if my stomach can take it,but I want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  48. THat's so odd,Melanie Griffith is on Hollywood squares right now.What are the odds?

    ReplyDelete
  49. Anonymous12:51:00 AM

    You know we love hot food,if it make you sweat,it's good.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Anonymous12:53:00 AM

    We are getting strange,I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  51. So that's how you know if it's a good hot sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  52. We better go to bed before we get start writing drivel.I've already revealed half our family secrets tonight.I forget I'm not just talking to you.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Anonymous12:58:00 AM

    Will you post Jon and Kate?
    I have not heard of Melanie in a while...They say Britney is headed for another breakdown.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Anonymous12:59:00 AM

    Delete the ones you don't want.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Anonymous1:02:00 AM

    I will say good nite and talk tomorrow same place same time[giggles]
    Goodnite dear friend and many dreams of good things to come.
    LUV...LUV....PIC.....NEE

    ReplyDelete
  56. Deleting is a good idea.I will post for you.Have a good night and cuddle up to that long ass Italian.luv you lots... PIC

    ReplyDelete

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs