Saturday, April 23, 2016

[Latest UPDATE] :Sheriff says, no sign of suicide or trauma and Prince was found alone

 AOL.COM EDITORS            Apr 22nd 2016 4:38PM

Carver County Sheriff Jim Olson held a press conference on Friday to discuss the death of legendary singer Prince, hours after the autopsy on his body had been completed.

Though Olson remained tight-lipped on Prince's cause of death and many of the circumstances surrounding the ongoing "open investigation" into his passing (full details won't be released for another few weeks as the full examination remains underway), he did reveal some new information that shed light onto Prince's discovery and final hours.

Here's what you need to know :

Prince's death was likely not a suicide: "We have no reason to believe at this point that this was a suicide," Olson said. "There were [also] no signs of trauma; no sign that something violent happened."

Prince was last seen around 8 p.m. on Wednesday night: "Somebody dropped him off at home at 8 p.m. on Wednesday evening. It was an acquaintance that dropped him off," Olson said. The 911 call that alerted authorities wasn't placed until just before 10 a.m. on Thursday morning.

Prince was alone when he died: "He was alone at home," the Sheriff confirmed. "Staff members were trying to reach him yesterday morning. They responded to Paisley Park to look for him." Olson also noted that there were three people present when authorities arrived at the scene.

There were no phones or cell phones near his body: "I don't believe there was an elevator phone," Olson said. "I don't recall seeing a cell phone in close proximity." The Sheriff also noted that Prince was found in an elevator on the first floor.

The mood at the scene was sad: "It was certainly somber," the Sheriff said. "He was a friend to the people that were there, as well as being an employer, and they were certainly shook by what had happened." There is no specific information on who, exactly, was present at that time, though.

Prince's family has been cooperating with authorities: "I've had contact with Prince's family and representatives," Olson said. "They have been very cooperative."

Prince's body has been returned to his family: "His body has been released to his family," Martha Weaver, the representative for the Midwest Medical Examiners' Office, divulged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs