Saturday, June 15, 2013

Circle of Bright Gold


 
 
I found it and enclosed it in a circle of bright gold. I cherished and revered it,
And allowed it to enfold me and surround me; drink my essence from my soul.
It possessed my every heartbeat , and nourished me as well, so I opened like a flower,
Nothing was withheld. There was giving , there was sharing, there was sorrow when all's told.
Can you capture an intangible; a fey, elusive thing ? Can you mould it?
Can you hold it with a promise and a ring?

It is coveted and craved. Throughout history it's extolled.
It may entice you or betray you. It is a power to behold .
Should you crush it, perhaps lose it, you may never be consoled
And  your tears will dim the luster on the circle of bright gold.

It drifted from my circle. I could not keep it though I tried.
A butterfly against a gale, something beautiful had died.
But hope is like a seedling, sprouting green. Once begun,
It keeps growing without our knowing. It keeps reaching for the sun.

A priceless gift, once given, Nevermore forgot. 
An enigma, deep and mystical,  shall I name it ?....
I think not.
 
 
 
The Genie 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs